The Student Room Group

HYMS A100/A101 2020 Offer Holders

Welcome to the HYMS A100/A101 2020 Offer Holders.

This is an independent thread; information and advice provided below is not endorsed by Hull York Medical School. Please contact Hull York Medical School directly for official information.

For general information click: https://www.hyms.ac.uk/medicine

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey guys i'm a offer holder for A101 (achieved grades) and HYMS will be my firm choice! Nice to meet you all (when you all join the thread lol)! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by I_A_786
Hey guys i'm a offer holder for A101 (achieved grades) and HYMS will be my firm choice! Nice to meet you all (when you all join the thread lol)! :smile:

Just got my offer! Nice to meet you too, congratulations :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by lucyord
Just got my offer! Nice to meet you too, congratulations :smile:

Thank you and congratulations to you too! I hope more people join this thread so I get to know some of the future medics and hyms :smile:
i recieved an offer today! welldone guys, nice that we can get to know eachother on here aha. I think i am eligible for the contextual offer, however on ucas track it does not mention a contextual offer of AAB. Instead an offer of AAA, has anyone recieved anything on track regarding contextual offers?
Original post by I_A_786

Hi nice to meet you, I'm also an A101 offer holder and will to be making it my first choice too! Do you happen to know when the applicant day is?
Reply 6
I sat my A levels last year and I’m joining HYMS Sep/Oct!! Well done on everyone getting offers! :-)
Reply 7
Original post by ecoh1234
I sat my A levels last year and I’m joining HYMS Sep/Oct!! Well done on everyone getting offers! :-)

Hi mate. I’m from Hull, any Qs about the area let me know. Gl!
Reply 8
Original post by 6 God

I’m off to York but thank you anyway :-) I’m sure I’ll be around the Hull area in years 3-5 anyway :-)
Reply 9
Original post by Mckailer
Hi nice to meet you, I'm also an A101 offer holder and will to be making it my first choice too! Do you happen to know when the applicant day is?

I sat my A levels last year and I’m joining HYMS Sep/Oct!! Well done on everyone getting offers! :-) I’m so excited to get started!!!
Reply 10
Original post by ecoh1234
I’m off to York but thank you anyway :-) I’m sure I’ll be around the Hull area in years 3-5 anyway :-)

Phew thank god, was thinking how best I’m supposed to tell u that there is really not much to do here...at all. York is by far a better option. Good choice.
Original post by 6 God
Phew thank god, was thinking how best I’m supposed to tell u that there is really not much to do here...at all. York is by far a better option. Good choice.

Aha I was given York, I have family there so I’m looking forward to it
Original post by 6 God

Hi there. I was wondering if you know the best accommodation for social life. I'm a huge extrovert and I love a good night out and wanted a accommodation with the best social life :smile:
Original post by 6 God

I would disagree with this statement, but then I am too old to "do" much so maybe you're right. Hull also has a bigger population than York, and it's vastly cheaper. On the other hand, York is closer to other cities e.g. Leeds; and it is much quicker to go to London from York (on the train) than from Hull.

In terms of hospital experience (number of specialties, variety of procedures etc.) Hull (as a tertiary teaching hospital) is by far a better option.

Of course, in terms of general clinical placements for 1st and 2nd year it makes no difference - and not all will want to start going into neurosurgical / cardiothoracic surgery theatres during their Phase I.

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 4 years ago)
Congrats to everyone with offers, has anyone that received an offer yesterday not received a confirmation email yet?
Reply 15
Original post by Lozc3
Congrats to everyone with offers, has anyone that received an offer yesterday not received a confirmation email yet?

I haven't

Actually I just checked and it went to my junk/ spam email so check there.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 16
I received an offer for A101, not sure if I’ll firm still waiting sit have my Bristol and kings interviews in the next week or so
Reply 17
For those who received an offer for A100, were you contextual?
No
Reply 19
Original post by Banana272
No

What date did you do your interview?

Latest

Trending

Trending