The Student Room Group

Car crash

I was having a driving lesson with my dad today and all of a sudden lost control of the car and crashed into the wall. One whole corner where the front headlights are is completely crushed and part of the week windscreen is smashed. Ive been crying all day and my dad has said not to worry about it but I can't help but feel so ashamed and now I'm scared to ever get into a car again. My dad sent the car to the garage who will tell him how much it'll cost for the repairs and I feel so guilty. Plus I have alevel mock exams tommorw and all thats going on in my head is the moment when the car crashed. I don't know what to do and I'm so scared to see how much the repairs are going to be 😭😭😭
Don't know how I'm going to be able to do the exams tmmrw I'm dying nd my head literally feels like it's going to explode. Does anyone have a rough idea of how much it'll cost to repair
(edited 4 years ago)
It’s okay.

You’re a learner.

You’re bound to make mistakes, it happens. If everyone could drive perfectly all the time; the world would be a much nicer place.

If you want, you could save some money and give it to your dad to help with the repairs.
When you start earning money. Pay your dad back with interest. You don't have to tell him this. You can keep it to yourself and give him a nice surprise in a few years time.

Just as well it happened before your mocks and not the real thing.
Reply 3
Have you informed your insurance company?
Original post by IWMTom
Have you informed your insurance company?

No 😭
Reply 5
Original post by snickerdoodle02
No 😭

You're contractually obliged to inform them of any collisions regardless of your intention to claim.
Is the car expensive? If your dad said don’t worry about it, you shouldn’t worry about it unless you crashed into someone else who would cause problems to you
Original post by Mustafa0605
Is the car expensive? If your dad said don’t worry about it, you shouldn’t worry about it unless you crashed into someone else who would cause problems to you

My dad bought the car for less than £2k and said that from what he thinks, it'll cost more to repair it than what it's worth. But no I didn't crash it into anyone else
My dad bought the car for less than £2k and said that from what he thinks, it'll cost more to repair it than what it's worth. But no I didn't crash it into anyone else

If it’s a 2k car then you don’t have anything to worry about. You didn’t crash into a human, you didn’t crash into someone’s car or house, no police saw you crash. Your dad is not angry at you. It’s all cool
I was having a driving lesson with my dad today and all of a sudden lost control of the car and crashed into the wall. One whole corner where the front headlights are is completely crushed and part of the week windscreen is smashed. Ive been crying all day and my dad has said not to worry about it but I can't help but feel so ashamed and now I'm scared to ever get into a car again. My dad sent the car to the garage who will tell him how much it'll cost for the repairs and I feel so guilty. Plus I have alevel mock exams tommorw and all thats going on in my head is the moment when the car crashed. I don't know what to do and I'm so scared to see how much the repairs are going to be 😭😭😭
Don't know how I'm going to be able to do the exams tmmrw I'm dying nd my head literally feels like it's going to explode. Does anyone have a rough idea of how much it'll cost to repair

Don't worry about it. Everyone makes mistakes. Clearly your driving is usually fine otherwise your dad wouldn't be happy to sit in the car with you. This was just a one-off and if he's told you not to worry about it, then don't. Lots of young drivers crash after passing their test because they are over-confident and reckless - at least now you are unlikely to ever do that. Good luck in your mock.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending