The Student Room Group

We've completed an apprenticeship with IBM - ask us anything

Hello!

For National Apprenticeship Week 2020 (3rd - 7th February) Khamal and Ella from IBM are on TSR answering questions about apprenticehips.

Here are their introductions:

Khamal: My name is Khamal Miah and I am a recently graduated Junior Management Consultant Apprentice and am now in the final year of my apprenticeship preparing to officially complete my 3 year apprenticeship and progress further within IBM.

Ella: After finishing my A levels in Maths, Drama, and business, I started an apprenticeship with IBM as a Junior Management Consultant. Having been in the company just over a year, I have really enjoyed kickstarting my career through real industry experience, and seeing how business theory is actually put into practice. I am keen to promote the apprenticeship pathways to those looking at their options after school, as I believe this route is a strong alternative to university.

Ask them anything by replying to the this post below :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi, I'm interested in applying for the IBM degree apprenticeship for digital technology solutions.
What advice would you give about how to impress in an interview or assessment centres?
Also, what has been the most challenging part of doing an apprenticeship?
Original post by Fazzy_77
Hi, I'm interested in applying for the IBM degree apprenticeship for digital technology solutions.
What advice would you give about how to impress in an interview or assessment centres?

@IBM Apprentices just tagging you :h:
Original post by Fazzy_77

Hi there,
If I had to give any advice with the interview/assessment centre stage, it would be to relax and just be yourself. Try not to act too restricted and overly professional as you will make yourself more nervous and be putting on a persona that the assessors may notice. Just act natural and impress them with how you portray yourself and how well you work with others and you will be good. You've made it this far into the process so you're definetely in their radar :smile:

As I've recently completed my qualification, I'd say the most challenging part of the apprenticeship was getting my portfolio together for my final assessment. As I was guilty for leaving some things till late, I'd say getting everything ready before the deadline was the most daunting thing to do while balancing my client commitments/work. A tip I can give is to make sure you do everything on time as and when you are told and not to leave anything till late as it can pile up.

Hope this helps
Khamal
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest