The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

All of which are US incidents (we were talking about the UK) and many, like tree spiking, are hardly terrorist, they are vigorous attempts to interfere with the industrial destruction of nature.
Original post by Kuffar Sheikh
Of course, because it espouses violence.

Now tell me, why did you say these terrorists don't represent Islam?

Because they dont.
Original post by Wired_1800
Because they dont.

Really, this is your response?
Pathetic.
Really, this is your response?
Pathetic.

There is no way for me to change your mind. You already have a view about Islam.
There is no way for me to change your mind. You already have a view about Islam.

How do they not espouse Islam? You could make an argument based on the teachings of Christ to do unto others that you would have done to yourself that a Christian committing violence is not being very Christian; but where is the equivalent peaceful teaching in Islam?!

I gave you a way - name one thing the terrorists do in the name of islam, and show it goes against islamic scripture.
He's never read the quran or sunnah. He thinks islam is good because kebab tastes yummy.
You can make the argument, but the Bible is full of violence, treachery, betrayal and many more.
He's never read the quran or sunnah. He thinks islam is good because kebab tastes yummy.

Kebab != Islam.
You can make the argument, but the Bible is full of violence, treachery, betrayal and many more.

Mainly Old Testament; doesn’t apply anymore and Christians should be following the example of Christ.
I gave you a way - name one thing the terrorists do in the name of islam, and show it goes against islamic scripture.

No need. This is going to be one of those discussions where you don't need anything.
What?? Of course the Old Testament applies. It is part of the Christian Bible

Tbf kebab is nice, but doesn’t make a good argument as to why Quran based terrorism isn’t quranically based
What?? Of course the Old Testament applies. It is part of the Christian Bible

You won’t see many Christians today following the Old Testament ceremonial laws of animal sacrifice, not wearing mixed fabrics, avoiding pork and seafood dishes, executing witches, homosexuals, disobedient children and taking foreign virgins as slaves. Rightfully so as these laws were established for the ancient Israelite nation and Jesus came to fulfill the law so we don’t follow that anymore
Tell that to the deep South of the US.

Whether people follow those versions of the Bible does not mean that they are not present in the book. It is the same that a Muslim can argue that Muslims dont follow some of the violent bits of the Quran.
Tell that to the deep South of the US.

Whether people follow those versions of the Bible does not mean that they are not present in the book. It is the same that a Muslim can argue that Muslims dont follow some of the violent bits of the Quran.

Where in the US Deep South are disobedient children and witches stoned, may I ask?

Yes of course but the difference is Christians are not supposed to be following the laws of the Old Testament from a New Testament perspective. The OT laws were there as a foreshadowing of the death of Jesus. Christians are not under the Law but under Grace. This concept isn’t found in Islam where everything Mohammed commands is to be followed
They would if they could. :teehee:
Reply 97
Except Christianity regularly espouses violence? Never mind some of the most heinous crimes in history have been done under its aegis
Original post by Napp
Except Christianity regularly espouses violence? Never mind some of the most heinous crimes in history have been done under its aegis

Christians committing violence are directly going against all the teachings of Christ about loving one another and violence; they are sinning. The same cannot be said about what Mohammed says in the Quran and the violent actions of Muslim terrorists
I watched a Louis Theroux documentary about the deep south of the US and extreme christianity. Some people believed in all those stuffs that you wrote.

You dont know all Christians, just like how you dont know all Muslims.

Latest