The Student Room Group

Jaguar Land Rover question help?

So I'm applying for an apprenticeship with Jaguar Land Rover and have come across a question which I need help on:
"Describe your understand of the role of an advanced apprentice?"
I don't know if it means an advanced apprentice in general or an advanced apprentice working specifically at Jaguar Land Rover? Can someone help? And how best should I go about answering this question?
Thank you
I'm just going to tag in @National Careers Service @National Apprenticeship Service @University of Chichester @Kier Early Careers @IBM UK Careers as they will have advice around answering application questions :h:
Original post by Beast_of_Wakanda
So I'm applying for an apprenticeship with Jaguar Land Rover and have come across a question which I need help on:
"Describe your understand of the role of an advanced apprentice?"
I don't know if it means an advanced apprentice in general or an advanced apprentice working specifically at Jaguar Land Rover? Can someone help? And how best should I go about answering this question?
Thank you

Hi there,

If you're not sure if they mean in general or specifically there, you could play it safe and cover both. You could start by explaining your understanding of what an advanced apprentice does and then link it to that organisation. You can use the role outline and person specification to help. For example, you could say something like 'An advanced apprentice is responsible for helping the company meet its targets, which at Land Rover/in this department would include...'

Also, try looking at the case studies from former apprentices, they could give you an idea of what they look for and what to expect... www.jaguarlandroverretailerapprenticeships.co.uk/case-studies

Best of luck - Mark
Original post by National Careers Service
Hi there,

If you're not sure if they mean in general or specifically there, you could play it safe and cover both. You could start by explaining your understanding of what an advanced apprentice does and then link it to that organisation. You can use the role outline and person specification to help. For example, you could say something like 'An advanced apprentice is responsible for helping the company meet its targets, which at Land Rover/in this department would include...'

Also, try looking at the case studies from former apprentices, they could give you an idea of what they look for and what to expect... www.jaguarlandroverretailerapprenticeships.co.uk/case-studies

Best of luck - Mark

Thank you, I covered both, so I hope its going well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending