The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Sudanese/Black community in University of lincoln

Hi guys,
I just got an offer for the architecture course at uni of lincoln. I was happy because its my first offer but at the same time I am stressed because I have never been to lincoln, I don't know anyone who went to uni of lincoln or anyone who lives in lincoln.
Is there a lot of sudanese people in the university *I'm sudanese* or black people?
I just don't want t feel strange or alone.

Thank you.
Original post by samaahosman
Hi guys,
I just got an offer for the architecture course at uni of lincoln. I was happy because its my first offer but at the same time I am stressed because I have never been to lincoln, I don't know anyone who went to uni of lincoln or anyone who lives in lincoln.
Is there a lot of sudanese people in the university *I'm sudanese* or black people?
I just don't want t feel strange or alone.

Thank you.

Hi @samaahosman,

Firstly, Congratulations on your offer! Lincoln is a beautiful city full of culture, history and a lot of students. If you would like to visit us before you start, the next Open Day is on Saturday 8th February.

Secondly, university is a period of time where you will meet so many other students, it is a good opportunity to make new friends. Joining a society is a great way to make new friends because you get to enjoy something you have an interest in, as well as meeting others that are interested in the same things. At our university, there are over 130 sports and societies you can be involved in, including the African Caribbean Society. I believe that the more you put into university, the more you get out of it :smile:. I felt the same as you before arriving but I visited Lincoln for a day out and fell in love with the campus and the city. I have been lucky to have met my flatmates, the people on my course and the people at my part-time work. They have made a real difference to my university experience.

Finally, everyone will be in the same boat! Most people will also be living away from home for the first time. Don't be scared to say hello to others when you are here.

If you have any further questions, feel free to message us.

Natt :smile:
Second Year Biomedical Student
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
You'll be fine ! I'm Sudanese too, I live in London atm, and I'm going to lincoln to study herbal medicine. I was literally looking for posts about whether there will be black ppl there too lol. I'm gonna visit it in March and see what it's like.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Girlyoof
I'm going to lincoln to study herbal medicine.

Please tell me that's a joke ..
Nope. It ain't. Herbal medicine is life :smile:... I'm sure you had some ginger or turmeric before loooolllllll...

Original post by RogerOxon
Please tell me that's a joke ..
Original post by Anonymous
Nope. It ain't. Herbal medicine is life :smile:... I'm sure you had some ginger or turmeric before loooolllllll...

Only for flavour.
Reply 6
where there black people there?
Reply 7
anyone know if black girls do pharmacy at lincoln uni??
Reply 8
uol students are predominantly white. If i had the chance i would go back in time and choose a different Uni that actively celebrates diversity and not by stupid ass internal emails which are just to make the uni look good. I have come across a lot of racism at uol and most of the people of colour I know at my uni would agree. once someone did some racist graffiti in the campus centre which was only taken seriously once the papers got wind of it https://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/lincoln-university-racism-graffiti-n-word-campus-students-facebook-a8829726.html. the worst one was a recent poll all the students got sent...something about 'IF' the Uni should stand with BLM! we even got emailed that our skin colour determines degree class in a recent email and they are trying to work on that... like wtf! Stay clear of this Uni and go somewhere genuinely inclusive. you cant get used to a uni like lincoln you will always feel like the odd one out trust me. dont fall for openday leaflets cos most of the time get like the 2 ethnic students they have for the pics to show how inclusive the uni is when its really just fake.
Original post by Girlyoof
You'll be fine ! I'm Sudanese too, I live in London atm, and I'm going to lincoln to study herbal medicine. I was literally looking for posts about whether there will be black ppl there too lol. I'm gonna visit it in March and see what it's like.

Ah I've been looking into studying herbal medicine too and i'm contemplating moving from Birmingham to come to Lincoln and study it.
Nice to hear someone else actually views herbal medicine as a valid medical science lol
I'm mixed and was looking for info on racism too lmao
Original post by Smessam99
Ah I've been looking into studying herbal medicine too and i'm contemplating moving from Birmingham to come to Lincoln and study it.
Nice to hear someone else actually views herbal medicine as a valid medical science lol
I'm mixed and was looking for info on racism too lmao

Thanks for your message, it's been a while now, and I've kind of changed my mind about studying herbal medicine. Although. I still am very much into natural remedies, I picked pharmacy because the job prospects for herbal medicine are slim to none. You can literally read about it at home or online and label yourself a health Coach/ herbalist and start a business... plus the diversity and culture at lincoln isn't the best, but if you're up for the challenge and you're very passionate you can do it! But honestly it so isn't worth being thousands pounds in debt... Pick a better more practical choice, for at the very least, a stable job... good luck 🤞🏽 🍀
Original post by jdb403
uol students are predominantly white. If i had the chance i would go back in time and choose a different Uni that actively celebrates diversity and not by stupid ass internal emails which are just to make the uni look good. I have come across a lot of racism at uol and most of the people of colour I know at my uni would agree. once someone did some racist graffiti in the campus centre which was only taken seriously once the papers got wind of it https://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/lincoln-university-racism-graffiti-n-word-campus-students-facebook-a8829726.html. the worst one was a recent poll all the students got sent...something about 'IF' the Uni should stand with BLM! we even got emailed that our skin colour determines degree class in a recent email and they are trying to work on that... like wtf! Stay clear of this Uni and go somewhere genuinely inclusive. you cant get used to a uni like lincoln you will always feel like the odd one out trust me. dont fall for openday leaflets cos most of the time get like the 2 ethnic students they have for the pics to show how inclusive the uni is when its really just fake.

Rah what did it say on the graffiti, im asian and coming here in october

Quick Reply

Latest