The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Economics Applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zodisagoddess21
Awww. Sorry love. but it's honestly like we are the same person. i didn't like oxbridge cause of the courses/atmosphere and i literally git rejected by warwick yesterday. what other universities did you apply to and what other offers do you have

Yeah I know it's an absolute shame, it's like Warwick's on a purge .
I applied for straight economics at UCL, Nottingham, Bath and Southampton.
I've received offers from Nottingham (AAA) and Southampton (AAB or ABB with an A in the EPQ)
Still waiting on UCL and Bath
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by drupboy152
Yeah I know it's an absolute shame, it's like Warwick's on a purge .
I applied for straight economics at UCL, Nottingham, Bath and Southampton.
I've received offers from Nottingham (AAA) and Southampton (AAB or ABB with an A in the EPQ)
Still waiting on UCL and Bath

those are really good schools. after warwick which one would you have chosen . i have offers from exeter(aaa or aab if firm) leeds(aaa), york(bbb or abc). I'm just waiting on lse. i hope your other universities get back to you positively.
Reply 42
applied to Cambridge, LSE, Warwick, Bath, Notts

Got rejected from Cambridge post-interview
Offers from Warwick, Bath, Notts
Just waiting on LSE :smile:

For context: predicted grades: 4A* (maths, fm, econ, physics and then A* in EPQ), gcses: 99999999A*A*A*A*A
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Varss
applied to Cambridge, LSE, Warwick, Bath, Notts

Got rejected from Cambridge post-interview
Offers from Warwick, Bath, Notts
Just waiting on LSE :smile:

For context: predicted grades: 4A* (maths, fm, econ, physics and then A* in EPQ), gcses: 99999999A*A*A*A*A

Impressive predicted grades and gcse grades, what was your offer from Warwick?
Reply 44
Original post by royalty1702
How did you get an offer of AAB for Warwick?

I think it may be contextual, although my sixth form actually is quite good ... so doesn't make sense to me either lol
Original post by Pari17_
I think it may be contextual, although my sixth form actually is quite good ... so doesn't make sense to me either lol

Then your ps must be really good ??
Reply 46
Original post by Jonny012
Impressive predicted grades and gcse grades, what was your offer from Warwick?

thank you :smile:, it's A*AA which is standard I thinkk
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I thought I’d post my current situation in here.

Predicted grades: A*A*A (maths, economics and further maths respectively).

Achieved an A in my EPQ (it was based on economics).

GCSE grades: 9988777766A

Offers:
UCL Economics A*AA (A* in maths)
Lancaster AAB (ABB if firmed and I have an interview in a few weeks for a potential unconditional offer)

Waiting:
Warwick Economics
Warwick MORSE
St. Andrews Economics

When is Durham Economics making its offers? There is a Post-Offer Visit Day on 19th February and as travel needs to be planned so to avoid having to pay over the odds for transport and possibly accomodation one would expect offers be out at least 2-3 weeks prior. Following this rationale, one would assume the email to arrive soon. Good luck to all.
Durham economics has already been giving offers my friend got one weeks ago, no news is good new though in terms of getting an offer. Good luck.
Test
Original post by blopper01
When is Durham Economics making its offers? There is a Post-Offer Visit Day on 19th February and as travel needs to be planned so to avoid having to pay over the odds for transport and possibly accomodation one would expect offers be out at least 2-3 weeks prior. Following this rationale, one would assume the email to arrive soon. Good luck to all.

Durham are definitely sending rejections and offers. Aware of predicted 4A* (A Level Maths FM Physics Econ) and yet rejected for straight Econ
That is crazy with those predicted grades, the statement must have really let them down.
(edited 4 years ago)
Oxford, St Andrews Warwick, York, Notts
E&P
Rejected from Ox post interview and Warwick.
AAA from York and Notts
waiting for St. Andrews
Hey, gotten an offer for economics today from university of Birmingham. Then got rejected from Nottingham which was my first choice however both were ambitious being a btec student. Anyone else got an offer from Birmingham??
hello
Hey, gotten an offer for economics today from university of Birmingham. Then got rejected from Nottingham which was my first choice however both were ambitious being a btec student. Anyone else got an offer from Birmingham??

What A-level condition?

Yeah I've got an offer for pure econ CCC
Original post by Jamesr128392
Yeah I've got an offer for pure econ CCC

It is your first choice? What other unis did u apply for? I think it will be my first choice
It is your first choice? What other unis did u apply for? I think it will be my first choice

Warwick, leeds, Nottingham, york and likely to be my second choice wby
QMUL, RHUL, Surrey and then rejected from Notts

Quick Reply

Latest