The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

ULIP interview

Hi,
I just received an interview for International Politics at ULIP. I was wondering if anyone who had completed the phone interview could give me some advice or tips on it.
Thanks!
Reply 1
Hi, hope it's not too late!
I had an interview for French Studies 2 weeks ago and now have an unconditional. It wasn't really formal, more of a general chat which only lasted 13 minutes but I'd say prepare answers for general interview questions before and have your notes in front of you during the interview.
Good Luck!
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by jeamelie
Hi, hope it's not too late!
I had an interview for French Studies 2 weeks ago and now have an unconditional. It wasn't really formal, more of a general chat which only lasted 13 minutes but I'd say prepare answers for general interview questions before and have your notes in front of you during the interview.
Good Luck!

Thank you!! I think went well :smile: just have to wait for the offer now
Reply 3
Original post by elinin
Thank you!! I think went well :smile: just have to wait for the offer now
Good luck!
How was your interview? I have mine for international politics next week and I have no idea what its gonna be like
How soon did everyone get a request to interview after they submitted their application? I applied about a week ago and quickly got an invite for the Journée de Rencontres, which is apparently for shortlisted candidates, but I've had nothing about an interview.
Original post by JackJacques98
How soon did everyone get a request to interview after they submitted their application? I applied about a week ago and quickly got an invite for the Journée de Rencontres, which is apparently for shortlisted candidates, but I've had nothing about an interview.

I got an email about an interview about two days after my invite to the jdr
Reply 7
Hey! How long did it take for you to all get your first emails from ULIP? I applied on the 14th January for International Politics and haven't heard a word from them yet :s-smilie:
Original post by jtc2020
Hey! How long did it take for you to all get your first emails from ULIP? I applied on the 14th January for International Politics and haven't heard a word from them yet :s-smilie:

I applied on 11 January for French Studies, received an invitation to the Journée des Rencontres on 13 January, responded the next day, but I still haven't heard from them about an application so I'm a bit confused what stage my application is at since I thought the JDR was for shortlisted candidates.
Reply 9
I applied on 11 January for French Studies, received an invitation to the Journée des Rencontres on 13 January, responded the next day, but I still haven't heard from them about an application so I'm a bit confused what stage my application is at since I thought the JDR was for shortlisted candidates.

Yeah it's a really confusing process. I haven't even heard from them about the JDR so I have no idea what stage my application is at.
I got my invitation to the interview today! Both excited and scared.
Reply 11
I got my invitation to the interview today! Both excited and scared.

Me too! Mines on the 6th. I'm nervous already lol.
Original post by jtc2020
Me too! Mines on the 6th. I'm nervous already lol.

Same! Good luck with yours!
Original post by elinin
Hi,
I just received an interview for International Politics at ULIP. I was wondering if anyone who had completed the phone interview could give me some advice or tips on it.
Thanks!

I've just received my offer for International Politics! :smile: (I had a phone interview a week ago). Are you putting them as your firm choice?
Reply 14
Original post by ArtAngels
I've just received my offer for International Politics! :smile: (I had a phone interview a week ago). Are you putting them as your firm choice?

Congratulations!!! What kind of questions did they ask in the phone interview?
Original post by jtc2020
Congratulations!!! What kind of questions did they ask in the phone interview?

They basically asked why I wanted to study there, if I'd ever been to Paris and what I know about politics. It was super chill the lady on the phone was really nice too.
Reply 16
Hey! How much was in French? I'm so nervous! What sort of questions did they ask?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending