The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford MSc Clinical and Therapeutic Neuroscience Q&A

Scroll to see replies

I received an email with a Skype interview offer this morning; anyone else?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 61
Original post by kathyidk

Congrats that's amazing! I didnt get anything so guess rejection email is coming later
Original post by lpylb4
Congrats that's amazing! I didnt get anything so guess rejection email is coming later

Thank you so much! And oof I’m sorry to hear that. The email didn’t seem computer automated so maybe they are still in the process of sending them (I got mine about 30 minutes ago).
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 63
Thank you so much! And oof I’m sorry to hear that. The email didn’t seem computer automated so maybe they are still in the process of sending them (I got mine about 30 minutes ago).

Haha can always hope! I dont think my application was super competitive anyway so not that surprised.
Good luck for your interview!!
Hi @nickyr212, I got offered an interview in a few days - do you have any interview tips? I would much appreciate any suggestions to be able to best prepare.
Good news for those who havent heard anything: called Tracy, asked if all the shortlists have been given out - she said it hasnt. She said only a few people have been invited for a skype interview, but there are decisions still being made by the shortlisting panel
Original post by neuropathology
when will all the shortlists be given out?

By next week I think...so i dont know if she means by the end of this week or by the end of next week. Will just have to wait and see
Reply 67
Good luck for everyone with interviews you did so well already and your interviews will go brilliantly!💕
Reply 68
Original post by lyra2691213
Hi @nickyr212, I got offered an interview in a few days - do you have any interview tips? I would much appreciate any suggestions to be able to best prepare.

Congrats to those of you who are having an interview! To those of you who haven't heard anything yet, I know it's tough but try to hang in there! At this stage, no news isn't necessarily bad news.

As for interview preparation, fortunately the website gives a bit of info on what the interview will entail, in case you haven't seen it already:

"The duration of the interview will be 15 minutes, and will be conducted by telephone. Applicants will be asked about their motivation to attend the course, their experience and knowledge of research (including a discussion of their last research project where applicable), and their interpretation of some data emailed to them shortly prior to the interview."

So I think the best way to prepare really is to prepare responses for all of the above. Go over everything you've written in your personal statement and CV, and revise your research projects/dissertations so you can explain it to them succinctly. Prepare to talk about any research interests you may have mentioned in your personal statement.

It's also particularly useful to have a clear idea of what you want to get out of this course, whether that be a specific research interest or career path you're hoping to achieve using this degree. I think that's the best way of convincing them that this is the right course for you.

As for the data interpretation bit, maybe revise some statistics and practice your critical evaluation of research studies (especially clinical trials).

Hope this helps! :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)

Well done! That’s amazing.

I haven’t heard back :frown:
Original post by QueenBizzle
Well done! That’s amazing.

I haven’t heard back :frown:

Thank you so much! Others have said that they’re not finished shortlisting yet. As OP said, no news does not necessarily mean bad news.
Because I am in a different timezone from the U.K., just curious that for those who got an interview, do you get to select the timeslot? Or do they just assign it to you?
Original post by mingming174
Because I am in a different timezone from the U.K., just curious that for those who got an interview, do you get to select the timeslot? Or do they just assign it to you?

They just assigned it, but at 3pm UK time so 10am for me.
They just assigned it, but at 3pm UK time so 10am for me.

Thanks! Good luck on your interview!
Original post by nickyr212
Congrats to those of you who are having an interview! To those of you who haven't heard anything yet, I know it's tough but try to hang in there! At this stage, no news isn't necessarily bad news.

As for interview preparation, fortunately the website gives a bit of info on what the interview will entail, in case you haven't seen it already:

"The duration of the interview will be 15 minutes, and will be conducted by telephone. Applicants will be asked about their motivation to attend the course, their experience and knowledge of research (including a discussion of their last research project where applicable), and their interpretation of some data emailed to them shortly prior to the interview."

So I think the best way to prepare really is to prepare responses for all of the above. Go over everything you've written in your personal statement and CV, and revise your research projects/dissertations so you can explain it to them succinctly. Prepare to talk about any research interests you may have mentioned in your personal statement.

It's also particularly useful to have a clear idea of what you want to get out of this course, whether that be a specific research interest or career path you're hoping to achieve using this degree. I think that's the best way of convincing them that this is the right course for you.

As for the data interpretation bit, maybe revise some statistics and practice your critical evaluation of research studies (especially clinical trials).

Hope this helps! :smile:

Thanks for this and your encouragement! It's very helpful and absolutely in line with what I was thinking.
is today the last day by which we will receive interview notification?

Yeah I feel like it will be :frown: I still haven’t heard anything back at all

I got an email at 11.46am today saying:
'At this stage some people have been interviewed although if you were not interviewed this does not mean that your application was unsuccessful. At this moment in time the applications are still being looked over by the shortlisting panel and will hope to get back to you in the next 1-2 weeks.'
Original post by John1998
I got an email at 11.46am today saying:
'At this stage some people have been interviewed although if you were not interviewed this does not mean that your application was unsuccessful. At this moment in time the applications are still being looked over by the shortlisting panel and will hope to get back to you in the next 1-2 weeks.'

Thanks for sharing! Do you know if they’re going to interview all potential offer holders? Or are some people not going to be interviewed at all and not rejected?
Original post by QueenBizzle
Thanks for sharing! Do you know if they’re going to interview all potential offer holders? Or are some people not going to be interviewed at all and not rejected?

That was what I followed up asking, if I get a response I'll let you know

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending