The Student Room Group

Nottingham A100 / A108 2020 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

I’ve booked the second one . Can’t wait 😊
Reply 41
I've book the 11th March really looking forward to it.
Original post by bathtimecheetah
I've booked for the 8th April. It seems like a long wait till April :smile:

Yeah same are you for the foundation course? And where are you coming from?
Original post by Thatmedic21
Yeah same are you for the foundation course? And where are you coming from?

I am :biggrin: I'm travelling from the north east about 2hrs away. How about you?
Original post by bathtimecheetah
I've booked for the 8th April. It seems like a long wait till April :smile:

Original post by l.mwx
I've booked straight into the first one :smile:

Original post by Victoria4121
I’ve booked the second one . Can’t wait 😊

Original post by Thomsontwins
I've book the 11th March really looking forward to it.

Oh calmm, I’m booking for the one on 18th of March
I heard notts give way more offers than they have places for A100 so if u don’t firm ur offer soon then do u lose ur place or wat? Like wat if too many people firm it and ur too late to firm it and can’t get it? Anyone know the ins and outs?
I just got an offer today so was wondering how long it took for you to get the invitation to the offer holders day?
is this for the a100 course?
Original post by Dhdjdksk
I heard notts give way more offers than they have places for A100 so if u don’t firm ur offer soon then do u lose ur place or wat? Like wat if too many people firm it and ur too late to firm it and can’t get it? Anyone know the ins and outs?

No. As long as you firm by the UCAS deadline then the offer is sound - last year Notts did ask 260 medical students to consider deferring (and offered a financial incentive to do so) but only 5 took them up on the offer. They always over offer as a) some people will insure them (and get their firm offer) b) some people will reject them and c) some people will not make the grades of their offer. One of the reasons you may want to consider forming them sooner, rather than waiting till the last minute is that you can then book your accommodation once you have firmed.
Original post by o100j200
I just got an offer today so was wondering how long it took for you to get the invitation to the offer holders day?

Check ur spam mail, mine was in that
Original post by adzz.s1
Oh calmm, I’m booking for the one on 18th of March

See you there 🤓
Original post by Simbasoul
No. As long as you firm by the UCAS deadline then the offer is sound - last year Notts did ask 260 medical students to consider deferring (and offered a financial incentive to do so) but only 5 took them up on the offer. They always over offer as a) some people will insure them (and get their firm offer) b) some people will reject them and c) some people will not make the grades of their offer. One of the reasons you may want to consider forming them sooner, rather than waiting till the last minute is that you can then book your accommodation once you have firmed.

260? Really? Presume that was everyone who firmed and hit their grades?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Laycity
260? Really? Presume that was everyone who firmed and hit their grades?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/universities-pay-students-thousands-to-delay-degrees-96lfwztxg
Not really - from memory I think they have a widening participation scheme so that would make total sense - also they were trying to fill Lincoln, which was new last year.
Has anybody thought about staying in derby over the foundation year or not? I just don’t know what to doooo
Original post by wiktxriaxo
Has anybody thought about staying in derby over the foundation year or not? I just don’t know what to doooo

i thought about it but i feel like i’ll be kinda excluded since the foundation year is a small class of 27 anyway.... and most of the uni activities would occur in nottingham & i think i’ll jus have to work through taking the bus everyday but i’m still on the fence! like i’m thinking ab whether i should book derby’s open day or not
Reply 57
Anyone planning to do the April 1st offer holder day??
Accommodation booking opens on 2nd March but obviously all the offer holder days are after this and I don’t even think i’ll have heard back from my other 2 options to know if i’ve got an offer by this day so do we just wait to book accommodation? My friend last year (not doing medicine) booked it 10 days after it opened and there were only shared bathroom options left not saying this is a problem but are we going to be less likely to get 1st choice accommodation than other courses? It also says on their website that accommodation is allocated on first come first served basis
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by wiktxriaxo

Original post by schoolsuxs
i thought about it but i feel like i’ll be kinda excluded since the foundation year is a small class of 27 anyway.... and most of the uni activities would occur in nottingham & i think i’ll jus have to work through taking the bus everyday but i’m still on the fence! like i’m thinking ab whether i should book derby’s open day or not

Yh true, I’m planning on jus staying in Nottingham and taking bus. But I’m just hoping that they could transfer me onto the 5yr course if I get AAA. Someone who was doing the course told me that because some ppl got AAA (when the applied for the foundation year) they had the choice of choosing between the 5yr course and the foundation year and obvs most ppl chose the 5yr. That’s just his words against mine though no clue whether that’s facts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending