The Student Room Group

mini-teach during interview???

should I aim to introduce an activity, demonstrate and have the children carry out the activity, and then wrap up the activity?

or is it enough to get the activity started?

I only get ten minutes to do it in.

I have a maths activity for them, should I take more questions than I will have time for or just enough for ten minutes?
Original post by MrsDeWinter
should I aim to introduce an activity, demonstrate and have the children carry out the activity, and then wrap up the activity?

I have a maths activity for them, should I take more questions than I will have time for or just enough for ten minutes?

Maybe check with the provider what they're expecting? Can't see why they wouldn't tell you if you ask? Good luck!
Original post by MrsDeWinter

Hello

The purpose of a mini-teach session at an interview is usually to observe how you interact, engage and communicate with a group of young people. Therefore, what you plan need to really demonstrate these skills. As @FormerTeacher says, it's important to have enough information as possible about the task you are being asked to do. Don't be afraid to reach out to the course provider to ask how many children you are likely to meet, what are their skills and abilities, what prior learning they may have had on this topic and what resources/equipment you'll have available to you (ie a computer/whiteboard etc)

The Get into Teaching team have qualified teachers, who are expert in the application, offering a free service to support people like yourself appying for teacher training courses. I would recommend you either you register for support here, or call (which will speed up the process) here - 0800 389 2500. We are available Mon - Fri, 8am - 8pm.

Wishing you all the very best in your interview, and please let us know how it goes!

Jane

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending