The Student Room Group

Difference between A-level and BTEC which one is harder?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Laurxnbakxr
I'm starting to look into colleges and I'm struggling on what to pick. Do I pick A-level or a BTEC? And which one is harder also which one looks more important and worthwhile to show a job interviewer.

im doing BTEC Level 3 extended for business in marketing and it is equivalent to 3 A-levels.
its cuz we do marketing, personal finance and recruitment & selection
Original post by Nazz69
im doing BTEC Level 3 extended for business in marketing and it is equivalent to 3 A-levels.
its cuz we do marketing, personal finance and recruitment & selection

is it any good?
Reply 22
is it any good?

yeah i enjoy it, it is actually basic and i only go into colly 3 days a week
Original post by Nazz69
yeah i enjoy it, it is actually basic and i only go into colly 3 days a week

dayum thats good. i always thought business would be hard but i guess it depends what u do when u grow up. You on ur 1st or 2nd yr of college
Reply 24
dayum thats good. i always thought business would be hard but i guess it depends what u do when u grow up. You on ur 1st or 2nd yr of college

first year
i had my marketing and personal finance exam in january now for the rest of the year we just hv assignments for them
Original post by Nazz69
first year
i had my marketing and personal finance exam in january now for the rest of the year we just hv assignments for them

oh that's pretty decent then. Btw I went on to one of your forums. And one was abt how you feel for someone. Is that a recent relationship or kinda old
Reply 26
oh that's pretty decent then. Btw I went on to one of your forums. And one was abt how you feel for someone. Is that a recent relationship or kinda old

recent and its my relationship with my best friend
Original post by Nazz69
recent and its my relationship with my best friend

thats a bit akward its your bestfriend
The most important issue is to choose a science BTEC or A levels for veterinary matters. If you decide to do a Btec you probably need to study the BTEC in Applied science. It is possible you may need A level Biology as well. If you take A levels you will probably need Biology. Check the entry requirements for the universities you are interested in. Btecs are almost universally accepted by universities. There are a few who dont and universities tend not to accept them for medicine. Other than that most universities accept them although for some courses eg Engineering A level Maths is sometimes required as well and for some science related courses Chemistry or Biology A level is also required.
Reply 29
thats a bit akward its your bestfriend

exactly, thats y i duno what to do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending