The Student Room Group

Girl told me to shut up

I was at college today. I was just with my mates. One of my mates was just saying something I was saying in class and he was saying it loudly. So he was asking why I said it then I said "atleast Im not saying it loud like you" then I heard this girl telling me to shut up, she wasnt even involved in the conversation, she was just on her phone in the corner. I was just with my mates telling one of them that i didnt say something loudly but this girl who is nothing to do with the conversation tells me to shut up so I say "what" because im annoyed then she says it again so I just straight up say "dont tell me to shut up", she goes all angry, not like hitting me just mumbling some **** to herself but then the teacher comes, helps the girl asking why shes angry and being all nice to her asking if she needs a mentor. The girl says shes fine then break finishes so we are back in the classroom, then the actually teacher who is teaching asks for that girl. Im thinking ffs because I was worried ill get in trouble when she tells the teacher since this girl is like a golden, like a favourite to the 2 teachers so the teachers are going to blame me coz they hate me. The girl doesnt even say it was me who made her angry I think she was worried she would get told off for telling me to shut up.
Im just annoyed still because she told me to shut up so I should be the one getting mad. She is going to tell me to shut up again in general when im just having a convosation with my mates, she has told me to shut up in the past but Ive ignored it.

Was I in the right telling her not to tell me to shut up?

Scroll to see replies

Yes, you were completely in the right and it is very odd behaviour for a complete random to butt into the conversation and tell you to shut your gob. Anyone normal would also have been confused and told her to mind her own business. Don’t worry about it, she was in the wrong.
Reply 2
Original post by WoodlandSorcerer
Yes, you were completely in the right and it is very odd behaviour for a complete random to butt into the conversation and tell you to shut your gob. Anyone normal would also have been confused and told her to mind her own business. Don’t worry about it, she was in the wrong.

Its just shes going to do it again and ill get into trouble next time probably
Original post by Anonymous
Its just shes going to do it again and ill get into trouble next time probably

Well maybe next time just continue your conversation and ignore her completely.
I was at college today. I was just with my mates. One of my mates was just saying something I was saying in class and he was saying it loudly. So he was asking why I said it then I said "atleast Im not saying it loud like you" then I heard this girl telling me to shut up, she wasnt even involved in the conversation, she was just on her phone in the corner. I was just with my mates telling one of them that i didnt say something loudly but this girl who is nothing to do with the conversation tells me to shut up so I say "what" because im annoyed then she says it again so I just straight up say "dont tell me to shut up", she goes all angry, not like hitting me just mumbling some **** to herself but then the teacher comes, helps the girl asking why shes angry and being all nice to her asking if she needs a mentor. The girl says shes fine then break finishes so we are back in the classroom, then the actually teacher who is teaching asks for that girl. Im thinking ffs because I was worried ill get in trouble when she tells the teacher since this girl is like a golden, like a favourite to the 2 teachers so the teachers are going to blame me coz they hate me. The girl doesnt even say it was me who made her angry I think she was worried she would get told off for telling me to shut up.
Im just annoyed still because she told me to shut up so I should be the one getting mad. She is going to tell me to shut up again in general when im just having a convosation with my mates, she has told me to shut up in the past but Ive ignored it.

Talking loudly whilst there's a class going on is both disrespectful to the teacher and to other students as it disrupts the learning of others. She was right to tell you to shut up. If on the other hand it wasn't during lesson time its none of her business

You were defo in the right telling her to shut up. she should be minding her own business. and its good you told her to shut up because next time she will be aware that you wont stand that kind of nonsense. Shes prob just tryna annoy you so ignore her ik girls like that to
Reply 6
Original post by WoodlandSorcerer
Well maybe next time just continue your conversation and ignore her completely.

Last time I did that she kept going on
Reply 7
Original post by Laurxnbakxr
You were defo in the right telling her to shut up. she should be minding her own business. and its good you told her to shut up because next time she will be aware that you wont stand that kind of nonsense. Shes prob just tryna annoy you so ignore her ik girls like that to

It was a break time

you need to show her that your better and your not gonna stand what shes saying to u you dont wanna be seen as weak to a girl
It was a break time

the way your describing her she seems just rude. I know girls like that and they tell me to shut up to and im a girl. but shes doing it to catch your attention. if you show no attention to her she wont say anything else

Just keep talking. Eventually she'll stop unless she wants to look like a total weirdo. Or make sure you have your conversations far away from her.
ive been thinking abt your situation and I have a result. I think its because she likes you. A lot of girls tell boys to shutup so they can get attention from them. Most girls and mean and rude to boys they like and this is because when there mean boys get angry and they like the vibe and attention they get from it
ive been thinking abt your situation and I have a result. I think its because she likes you. A lot of girls tell boys to shutup so they can get attention from them. Most girls and mean and rude to boys they like and this is because when there mean boys get angry and they like the vibe and attention they get from it

I very much doubt that and shes ugily anyway 😂
I very much doubt that and shes ugily anyway 😂

Nah nah trust me im a girl and I know all about flirting and stuff. Shes just tryna get your attention so she gets you to notice her. even if shes ugly she can like you.
Nah nah trust me im a girl and I know all about flirting and stuff. Shes just tryna get your attention so she gets you to notice her. even if shes ugly she can like you.

Im not good looking myself and she always acts arrogant if I try to speak to her
Im not good looking myself and she always acts arrogant if I try to speak to her

Maybe try a different way of approaching her. And no one is good looking after all were all the same. Do you know her enough to like her?
Maybe try a different way of approaching her. And no one is good looking after all were all the same. Do you know her enough to like her?

Ive know her since 2018 but we barely speak, if we do it once a month if that and even then I ask a simple queston
Ive know her since 2018 but we barely speak, if we do it once a month if that and even then I ask a simple queston

hmmm im not sure then. But all im saying is because your both not that close maybe shes talking to you and tryna get your attention so you can become friends
Reply 18
Who cares
Original post by Saftwo
Who cares

that's rude his letting us know that he has problems and your replying like that that's peak

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending