The Student Room Group

Work experience

I'm in year 10 and I'm not sure what I want to do in the future but we've been told to go find a work experince placement. I've contacted several companies in my area all of them have said I need to be 15 but I'm 14 and I cant really help that because my birthday in in July. Even the schools I've tried to get into have said I need to be older and j was wondering if anyone else did work experience at 14 and where you went??. Also a lot of people are going to work with their parents but my mam is a nurse and dad works in a mine so I cant work with them. If anyone has ideas thank you.
Library? Charity shops? Primary schools?
Reply 2
Original post by PetitePanda
Library? Charity shops? Primary schools?

Thank you for the reply im going to contact some local charity shops to see if they will do work experince. I have contacted local primary schools and my local library and they dont have insurance to cover it but i think this is just in my area because i know people who have done work experience at prinary schools.
Markets and Dog homes are also good places to contact x
Reply 4
Original post by Jade2019
Markets and Dog homes are also good places to contact x

Thankyou ive contacted a local dogs trust but i think the main problem is that i live in a small town and publi transport inst the best and wehave to get to the places ourselves and the dogs trust in in the middle of nowhere only accessable by a car im pretty sure they are going to say i cant go at this point because its been 4 days but still hopeful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending