The Student Room Group

Oscars Thread!

It's that time of the year again!

Obviously we will be watching the awards a little later than our american counterparts, but i personally have a lot of thoughts on this year, so feel free to discuss the awards here. Here's a reminder of our nominees!

you can disagree with the opinion of others but please remember to be civil!

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
i hope parasite does well. it was amazing, and itd be nice to have a foreign film win the award. i wont be surprised if joker wins, though, it was pretty good.
An oscar thread in films, finally! Can I read the nominations anywhere? and will you tag me when the winners are known and awards are done, @Tenya Iida
Reply 3
Original post by Kallisto
An oscar thread in films, finally! Can I read the nominations anywhere? and will you tag me when the winners are known and awards are done, @Tenya Iida

ive put the nominations in the spoiler tag of my first post, but you can find them on here as well

i will tag you !!
I've seen all the best pic contenders apart from Ford v Ferrari (which I have zero interest in...)
Personally my faves to watch were Little Women and Jojo Rabbit; but I loved Parasite too and think that's the most worthy contender.
Seems like 1917 is the favourite though - I wasn't really a fan.
Original post by Tenya Iida
ive put the nominations in the spoiler tag of my first post, but you can find them on here as well

i will tag you !!

Thank you, that is very kindly! Is it just me or are there new nominee sections this year?
Reply 6
the more i look at it, the more this not being nominated for best original song disappoints me
the more i look at it, the more this not being nominated for best original song disappoints me

What song are you talking about?

The awards are tommorow, aren't them?
Reply 8
before i post the results lets just have a summary of my reaction
4c6.jpg
Reply 9
The results have come! Along with some thoughts.
@Kallisto as you asked to be tagged

Spoiler

so happy Parasite won!
Best actors though..zzzzz
The results have come! Along with some thoughts.
@Kallisto as you asked to be tagged

Spoiler

Thanks to you for tagging me! have a closer look on the winners later. What surprised me is that Phoenix won as best actor. That is a great and awesome performance, if I consider that Di Caprio was one of the nominated actos. After what I heard about Phoenix, I gave him a chance, but never really expected it!

Quick Reply

Latest