The Student Room Group

Is this A-level retake price normal?

I want to resit 2 of my A-levels. I have contacted my former sixth form college about it. They responded saying that it's fine but I will have to pay £130 for each of the A-levels. I knew that I would have to pay but I was surprised by the price. I am from a low-income household and this is a lot of money for me.
Is this the normal cost and should I just accept it?
yeah dude that sounds about right, it's not the school that sets the prices it's the exam board. Unfortunately i don't think being from a low income household affects this price
Original post by Derek2.178
I want to resit 2 of my A-levels. I have contacted my former sixth form college about it. They responded saying that it's fine but I will have to pay £130 for each of the A-levels. I knew that I would have to pay but I was surprised by the price. I am from a low-income household and this is a lot of money for me.
Is this the normal cost and should I just accept it?
It sounds about right. For resists you usually have to pay for the price of the exams as the college doesn’t usually get funding for resits.
I think it was £270 for me to resit 2 a levels this year so that sounds about right, you could discuss whether they can lower the costs for you (as they take a percentage for hall and invigilator costs etc) but sounds like a reasonable price
Reply 4
Original post by manOfCulture01
yeah dude that sounds about right, it's not the school that sets the prices it's the exam board. Unfortunately i don't think being from a low income household affects this price

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending