The Student Room Group

Boris Johnson will defy American threats and make choose Huawei

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Ragman75
a. you have you disagreed that huawei is under the control of the PRC

Actually i wrote that Huawei has been given a clean bill of health by the security agencies.

b. Thats what i thought you dont know anything about china. You are wrong.

Real good argument there :rolleyes:
Original post by Napp
Actually i wrote that Huawei has been given a clean bill of health by the security agencies.

Real good argument there :rolleyes:

No thats not true. I said Huawei cannot be trusted and that all large companies in china are under subjects of the government, you replied saying it hasn't breached any systems yet which infers you do not believe its the subject of the government because we dont have any proof of it breaching out systems yet. Why lie i can litterally go back and see what you wrote. Jesus you are such a joke :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Reply 22
No thats not true. I said Huawei cannot be trusted and that all large companies in china are under subjects of the government, you replied saying it hasn't breached any systems yet which infers you do not believe its the subject of the government because we dont have any proof of it breaching out systems yet. Why lie i can litterally go back and see what you wrote. Jesus you are such a joke :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

So your argument is based solely on something i didn't say but umm 'inferred'? Good one :rolleyes:
it is so amazing that some people will trust the US government more. Even when the US Government was caught red handed

here is a proof that the US has secret spy base in the UK. called Menwith Hill Please search this on the internet. It is closer than you think
remember when Obama was listening to Angela Merkel telephone conversations ?
Original post by Napp
So your argument is based solely on something i didn't say but umm 'inferred'? Good one :rolleyes:

Inferred is the wrong word you explicit made that argument. You replied to me with opposing evidence which means you dont agree with my initial position. Why cant you make arguments honestly? seriosisly what is wrong with you? why come here kid if all your going to do is mess around?
Reply 25
Inferred is the wrong word you explicit made that argument. You replied to me with opposing evidence which means you dont agree with my initial position. Why cant you make arguments honestly? seriosisly what is wrong with you? why come here kid if all your going to do is mess around?

I'm just demonstrating that you dont know what on earth you're rabbiting on about :smile: If that offends you so much, well, too bad.
Original post by Napp
Werent you just recently banned for offensive language dear? :smile:

You ever going to get back to the point or are you done, because i dont have time for your whining
Original post by williamho
it is so amazing that some people will trust the US government more. Even when the US Government was caught red handed

here is a proof that the US has secret spy base in the UK. called Menwith Hill Please search this on the internet. It is closer than you think
remember when Obama was listening to Angela Merkel telephone conversations ?

Menwith Hill is no secret, never has been, its on Google Maps.
UK has more in common and more reason to trust the US than the PRC.
Be interesting to see if the other Five eyes members restrict or stop co operating with the UK now.
Its shocking the UK doesnt have sufficient telecomms expertise to build the network itself.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Napp

prove it, give me a screenshot of where i was "banned"
Original post by Napp

I said Huawei cannot be trusted and that all large companies in china are under subjects of the government, you replied saying it hasn't breached any systems yet which infers you do not believe its the subject of the government because we dont have any proof of it breaching out systems yet. Is this wrong then have i made this up ? Yes or no?
Reply 30
Original post by 999tigger
UK has more in common and more reason to trust the US than the PRC.
Be interesting to see if the other Five eyes members restrict or stop co operating with the UK now.
Its shocking the UK doesnt have sufficient telecomms expertise to build the network itself.

Debatable.
In fairness, five eyes is in a spot of trouble these days with the Brits and the Kiwis both in trouble respectively.
Why is it shocking? I can count the number of countries who can do it cheaply and efficiently on their own on the fingers of one hand.
the last big UK telecommunication manufacture was called Plessey. Remember ?
with bases in the Midlands : Coventry and Nottingham.

And the Tory government gave the green light for this Plessey company to be taken over by the German Siemens . about 20 years ago. Remember ?

Remember how the Mini became German BMW ? It was round about the same time as well.

Now, there is no more large UK telecommunication manufacture which is capable to build 5 G network. Lots of UK people have complained at that time but their voices were discarded by the Tory Government
20 years later. You have started to complain. You are 20 years too late.

BT , Vondafone etc are all consumer providers . Not manufacturers.

You can now asks the German Siemens to sell you their 5 G network. And then you can start to compare the prices for 5 G network world wide.
people worry Huawei is being controlled by the PRC. 1. there is no proof they are not (the PRC nor Huawei would release any information saying its the case). and 2. there is no proof they are/will. my guess is they probably are, in the same way that the US/West does (this was uncovered by Edward Snowden years ago and so to think that our own governments/companies don't do it and uphold our 'righteous western values' is naive too. ) But this is the narritive pushed by the US to try and block out Huawei to achieve its aims of diminishing Chinese influence globally.
US is pushing the total ban on Huawei not only due to security concerns etc. but in a wider concept of geopolitcal control and power and UK, but making this choice is in the middle of the struggle between US and China. Essentially, it bans Huawei, it damages potential future ties with China. It doesn't ban Huawei it compromises relations with US. The UK has done technical testing on equipment, and in doing so attempts to put the geopolitical questions of it aside and present the view that they have chosen to let Huawei in because it hasn't found security concerns.
additonally, even if it used non Chinese technology, you think that espionage wouldn't be attempted to get through other manufacturers equipment? It goes on anyway, it could just be technically easier and provide a back door if Huawei are the ones supplying, hence they are shut of out critical infrastructure.
Reply 33
Original post by luc9999
people worry Huawei is being controlled by the PRC. 1. there is no proof they are not (the PRC nor Huawei would release any information saying its the case). and 2. there is no proof they are/will. my guess is they probably are, in the same way that the US/West does (this was uncovered by Edward Snowden years ago and so to think that our own governments/companies don't do it and uphold our 'righteous western values' is naive too. ) But this is the narritive pushed by the US to try and block out Huawei to achieve its aims of diminishing Chinese influence globally.

Please correct me if im wrong but to my knowledge Snowdon never once said tech firms were controlled by governments, nor even hinted at such a thing. That is as opposed to getting dodgy 'court' orders to liberate their data.
Original post by Napp
Please correct me if im wrong but to my knowledge Snowdon never once said tech firms were controlled by governments, nor even hinted at such a thing. That is as opposed to getting dodgy 'court' orders to liberate their data.

thanks for your quote :smile:

How is dodgy court orders different to exerting control over them ?
Reply 35
Original post by luc9999
thanks for your quote :smile:

How is dodgy court orders different to exerting control over them ?

Well one is exploitative and the other has the distinct impression of dictating their actions.
Original post by Napp
Well one is exploitative and the other has the distinct impression of dictating their actions.

You are right actually. Athough I can imagine, if this was China who had used a dodgy court order to exploit companies into providing information, it would be seen as and reported as CCP controlling companies activity.
Because at the end of the day the result is essentially the same, the means are different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending