The Student Room Group

GSK apprenticeship 2020 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Just received a new email saying that the results of my application will be with me soon and that I will hear from them at least two weeks before the assessment date although I am one of the first applicants so I’m expecting a response in the next week or so
I got rejected
Original post by User135792468
Just received a new email saying that the results of my application will be with me soon and that I will hear from them at least two weeks before the assessment date although I am one of the first applicants so I’m expecting a response in the next week or so

they gave me that same email too for supply chain command degree apprenticeship at Brentford
Original post by Markianb12
did u apply for business and supply chain degree apprenticeship at Brentford

I applied for business and supply chain command at Brentford, lets hope we both get it!!!!
Original post by angelolagusa
they gave me that same email too for supply chain command degree apprenticeship at Brentford

How many days after that email did you receive a response?
All applications that haven't closed already are closing today on the 10th of February apart from Barnard Castle which closes its applications on the 14th of February. Good luck to people who are still awaiting a response, hopefully you are accepted in. It just got me thinking. Realistically they're probably going to have only a handful of apprentices in each department which makes me think I have a slim chance of getting in.

How many applicants do you think there are for each role? I think one of the expectations is that you must live within 90 minutes journey to the site so hopefully people who live too far don't apply. Last time I had work experience there, there were people from northern Hertfordshire, even Bristol!!!
Reply 66

Yep me too - I applied for Data Scientist Degree Apprenticeship at Brentford.
Anyone applied to gsk supply chain and business apprenticeship at ware, anyone got a response for any apprenticeship at ware, just wondering as they're taking so long.
(edited 4 years ago)
I applied for the laboratory science apprenticeship (biology) at the GSK Stevenage site.

I am yet to receive a response although I did receive an email saying the response would be at least two weeks before the assessment date in March
I applied for the laboratory science apprenticeship (biology) at the GSK Stevenage site.

I am yet to receive a response although I did receive an email saying the response would be at least two weeks before the assessment date in March

Do you know which date in march the assessment centres are on
Original post by Bismahghafoor470
Do you know which date in march the assessment centres are on

Not sure but someone who is an apprentice told me they got their invitation in mid February
Reply 71
Hey, I just wanted to start a thread about GSK apprenticeships for those who want to exchange information or whatnot.

If you have applied then please detail what stage you are at and everyone can help each other out

Hey guys, I applied for the Chemical engineering apprenticeship at the beginning of Feb and I'm doing my video interview today. Any tips because I'm studying A-Levels atm so haven't applied for things like this before. Also I don't work so I'm not sure how to answer questions like what experience do I have for the job!!! How did people find the video interview, were the questions hard and how many?? Thanks everyone
Original post by Afroguy
Hey guys, I applied for the Chemical engineering apprenticeship at the beginning of Feb and I'm doing my video interview today. Any tips because I'm studying A-Levels atm so haven't applied for things like this before. Also I don't work so I'm not sure how to answer questions like what experience do I have for the job!!! How did people find the video interview, were the questions hard and how many?? Thanks everyone

Well firstly have a piece of paper, a pen and a calculator beside your laptop or computer when starting. You will need to work things out, plan your video answers and you will probably want to write important things about GSK that you want to mention. For example their values: patient focus, integrity, respect for people and transparency. In addition to this, it is ideal that you know some of the work they do in GSK and link it to your apprenticeship and how you may contribute further. They don't really ask about your experiences because they save that for when you do a 1-1 interview in their assessment day. Remember to be in a location with good wifi and make sure no-one interrupts you, you cannot refilm the video responses.

Should you be accepted they will call you in for an assessment day at the site you have applied for. This day involves group exercises, presentations and a competency-based personal interviews. I cannot recall how many questions there were as I submitted my application back at the start of December however if i remember correctly there was only like 3-5 video responses and the rest were ranking statements in order of correctness and other questions. I think one of the video questions was about why GSK and why this apprenticeship if I remember correctly. If you do go into the interview remember to use the STAR technique.

Situation
Task
Action
Result

For example they will embed a key skill such as time management into a question such as 'Tell me a time where you were expected to do something in a restricted time frame'. Then you use the STAR method to answer the question. It doesn't necessarily have to be linked to work, you may respond using your experiences from volunteering, any hobbies you do etc etc
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 73
Well firstly have a piece of paper, a pen and a calculator beside your laptop or computer when starting. You will need to work things out, plan your video answers and you will probably want to write important things about GSK that you want to mention. For example their values: patient focus, integrity, respect for people and transparency. In addition to this, it is ideal that you know some of the work they do in GSK and link it to your apprenticeship and how you may contribute further. They don't really ask about your experiences because they save that for when you do a 1-1 interview in their assessment day. Remember to be in a location with good wifi and make sure no-one interrupts you, you cannot refilm the video responses.

Should you be accepted they will call you in for an assessment day at the site you have applied for. This day involves group exercises, presentations and a competency-based personal interviews. I cannot recall how many questions there were as I submitted my application back at the start of December however if i remember correctly there was only like 3-5 video responses and the rest were ranking statements in order of correctness and other questions. I think one of the video questions was about why GSK and why this apprenticeship if I remember correctly. If you do go into the interview remember to use the STAR technique.

Situation
Task
Action
Result

For example they will embed a key skill such as time management into a question such as 'Tell me a time where you were expected to do something in a restricted time frame'. Then you use the STAR method to answer the question. It doesn't necessarily have to be linked to work, you may respond using your experiences from volunteering, any hobbies you do etc etc

Thanks so much for all the information, you really helped me stop stressing out! I've done it now and it really wasn't that bad at all and I'll remember to use the STAR technique if I get any other interviews aswell. Have you applied for many other degree apprenticeships? I've applied to Rolls Royce and Unilever and I am hoping to apply to a few more if I have the time.
Original post by Afroguy
Thanks so much for all the information, you really helped me stop stressing out! I've done it now and it really wasn't that bad at all and I'll remember to use the STAR technique if I get any other interviews aswell. Have you applied for many other degree apprenticeships? I've applied to Rolls Royce and Unilever and I am hoping to apply to a few more if I have the time.

I’ve applied to AstraZeneca, Thames Water and nowhere else although I have firmed Warwick and insured Nottingham so if I don’t get into an apprenticeship then I have an alternative.
Original post by dannyy_
you need to be careful about firming choices, have you officially accepted the offers on ucas? as firming am offer means you have signed a contract to say you are going and you might not be able to cancel it

They are all conditional offers which means I have to call them up on results day to confirm my place. If I don’t then they’ll give my space to someone through clearing. I read online that you can ask universities to release you. In my case if I get an actual offer from GSK and I sign a contract with them then I can just contact Warwick so they release me. I’ll make sure I do this as soon as possible if I receive an offer from GSK because things get more messy when you have applied for student loans and applied for accommodation.
Just found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7kditcuTIc

It basically explains the whole process in detail so I thought it might be useful for some of you
Anyone heard back regarding the assessment centres yet?
Reply 78

Nah, but I applied quite late so I'm still hopeful! When did you apply??

:frown: I haven’t heard back from them but the last email I got said they would respond no later than at least two weeks before the assessment date in March, the email also stated that we would receive a response if we were unsuccessful.

The things I do know is that the assessment centre date is definitely in March and I read other threads from a couple of years ago which stated that the assessment date is usually around 14-15 March so I’m guessing GSK are going to reply sooner or later. If for some reason the assessment date is at the end of March then the latest date they can respond to us is 17/03/20 but realistically they should respond within next week (assuming they don’t work weekends).

I know I’m overcomplicating it and relying too much on this apprenticeship but I really want, so much so, that I’ve started to not want it due to the long waiting time. Let’s also not forget we are waiting for a response but after our assessment centre interview we will wait for another long period before they give offers or reject people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending