The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by JC.
What contract?

You've never had a parking ticket, have you? :wink:

Most car parks tend to have signs with the usual dire warnings if your tire strays more than one inch over the white line. Enforcability and court reaction are likely to vary of course, but it's still their land, their rules, at least on paper.

And no, I ride a motorbike. :p:
Reply 61
Original post by Dez
Most car parks tend to have signs with the usual dire warnings if your tire strays more than one inch over the white line. Enforcability and court reaction are likely to vary of course, but it's still their land, their rules, at least on paper.

I've had stacks of parking tickets.
Never paid one.

plenty of places had signs, been to court over a couple of them won every time, even cut a few clamps off in my time.

None council tickets are invariably always totally unenforceable.
Original post by SmashingChap
Fat people parking in disabled spots should be punishable by death imo.

What if they're disabled?
Original post by JeremyClarkson1
again, another one to pick me on something I never said / inferred

why are you acting like fraud doesn't exist

when I said "not disabled" I thought it was taken as read that I meant, someone who is not 100pc not entitled to it, and reasonable steps have been taken to ascertain this, which might include asking them 'are you waiting for someone' if theres no other vacant disabled bays

I seriously didn't imagine this sort of reaction, despite having posted links to gov links which should suggested that I was aware that there are a myriad reasons for having a blue badge, some obvious, some not

For you to be 100% sure, do you question every person who looks like they might not have a disability?
Original post by DotDotCurve
For you to be 100% sure, do you question every person who looks like they might not have a disability?

no. I leave them be

I've only asked a person once, that was due to their body language/demeanour suggesting they weren't using it correctly

they just were honest and said sorry and moved out to let me in.

can you stick to the actual question that was asked, not side issues
Original post by Dez

Original post by JC.
I've had stacks of parking tickets.
Never paid one.

plenty of places had signs, been to court over a couple of them won every time, even cut a few clamps off in my time.

None council tickets are invariably always totally unenforceable.

learnt something today

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/misuse-of-parking-spaces-for-disabled-people

so for supermarkets, moral issue not legal
how do you deal with the Situation?

often I see people use the blue badge but aren't disabled or transporting someone who is

whilst I need to park further for my mother who is

If you transport a disabled person like yr mother then you too can get a disabled badge. Just apply for it. Then you can park all over even without your mother like everybody else does which is what you are complaining about.
no. I leave them be

I've only asked a person once, that was due to their body language/demeanour suggesting they weren't using it correctly

they just were honest and said sorry and moved out to let me in.

can you stick to the actual question that was asked, not side issues

>mfw topic is now linear.
Reply 68
There's no law over disabled spaces in places besides public roads, is there? For example supermarkets?
Wow. Your post truly comes from a place of the special kind of ignorance that needs addressing.
I have only recently applied for (and received) a blue badge and that was because after years of struggling I went to a uni open day and couldn’t see another option. It did not feel like an indulgent privilege that I was cheating others for. However ‘entitled’ to it I am, it still felt shameful and sad, because at just 35 my body is THAT broken. NO ONE WANTS THIS IN ORDER TO PARK A BIT CLOSER. Even walking an extra 50 feet especially outside in the cold can be the difference between getting through the day or being able to function the next day. I can’t carry books/pull a trolley AND use a stick!! - I STRUGGLE and am in constant pain. What you see for the 6 seconds of me getting out the car is not my operations or medical history or daily struggles with pain... or future operations! Do you think I should have to stop and EXPLAIN to YOU the details? Or could you perhaps just get on with your own life and just be grateful you can walk?
Especially as an able-bodied person... Don’t approach people who you don’t think ‘look disabled enough to have a badge’ and ask them to produce their ‘relative’ this is not your right or place. I’m shocked you even did this once.
If you approached me - it would not go well. If you approach pp with autistic young person or woman with cancer, I suspect that would not go well either. Seriously? Your mother approves of this behaviour? Mind your own business.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Tybalt22
Wow. Your post truly comes from a place of the special kind of ignorance that needs addressing.
I have only recently applied for (and received) a blue badge and that was because after years of struggling I went to a uni open day and couldn’t see another option. It did not feel like an indulgent privilege that I was cheating others for. However ‘entitled’ to it I am, it still felt shameful and sad, because at just 35 my body is THAT broken. NO ONE WANTS THIS IN ORDER TO PARK A BIT CLOSER. Even walking an extra 50 feet especially outside in the cold can be the difference between getting through the day or being able to function the next day. I can’t carry books/pull a trolley AND use a stick!! - I STRUGGLE and am in constant pain. What you see for the 6 seconds of me getting out the car is not my operations or medical history or daily struggles with pain... or future operations! Do you think I should have to stop and EXPLAIN to YOU the details? Or could you perhaps just get on with your own life and just be grateful you can walk?
Especially as an able-bodied person... Don’t approach people who you don’t think ‘look disabled enough to have a badge’ and ask them to produce their ‘relative’ this is not your right or place. I’m shocked you even did this once.
If you approached me - it would not go well. If you approach pp with autistic young person or woman with cancer, I suspect that would not go well either. Seriously? Your mother approves of this behaviour? Mind your own business.

Yeah...this was 5 years ago, I doubt they'll see it :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending