The Student Room Group

Questions that need answering

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ANM775
If a pre-OP pre surgery male to female transperson who legally identifies as male goes around shirtless is this classed illegal/an offence?

If a man who identifies as male gets breasts enlargements is he allowed to go topless in public legally?

Are there even laws against cis women going around bare-breasted? I always thought people just refrained out of embarrassment, not because it was legislated. Don't quote me on that though
Reply 21
Original post by Ciel.
lmao, no. anime characters don't even look like real people. white people don't have naturally blue/green hair and huge-ass eyes.

stop making excuses Ciel. You know they are white!

I just put anime into google images. full of white people. After scrolling a long way down I finally came across a black and asian person. It is VERY easy to tell which ones they are, they look very different from white people

Reply 22
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Are there even laws against cis women going around bare-breasted? I always thought people just refrained out of embarrassment, not because it was legislated. Don't quote me on that though

I'm quoting you :biggrin:

and yes of course there are laws against cis women going around bare breasted. If a police officer saw they'd get arrested or at the very least forced to cover up!
Reply 23
Original post by ANM775
stop making excuses Ciel. You know they are white!

I just put anime into google images. full of white people. After scrolling a long way down I finally came across a black and asian person. It is VERY easy to tell which ones they are, they look very different from white people

wrong. ask any japanese person - to them, most anime characters are japanese, unless the anime specifically tells them otherwise. or do some reading on it. you assume they are white because a lot of them have light coloured hair.
Reply 24
Original post by Ciel.
wrong. ask any japanese person - to them, most anime characters are japanese, unless the anime specifically tells them otherwise. or do some reading on it. you assume they are white because a lot of them have light coloured hair.

Ciel, everyone can clearly see the one east asian anime person in my picture and they look obviously different to all the other white people there,

most anime images they draw do not look like the asian
Reply 25
Original post by ANM775
Ciel, everyone can clearly see the one east asian anime person in my picture and they look obviously different to all the other white people there,

most anime images they draw do not look like the asian

dude, it's anime. they need coloured eyes and hair so that it's easier for you to tell the characters apart.
How come vampires are always clean-shaven if they don't show up in mirrors? How do they shave?
Reply 27
Original post by Ciel.

I googled this,

and it appears a lot of asians think they look asian and a lot of white people think they look white.

so i guess you are sorta right.................., :confused:
is it actually racist to think Chinese people look the same
Reply 29
Original post by steamed-hams

yes and no tbh

it's offensive to say another race all look the same, but i've got to admit there are some groups of people i have trouble identifying

somali males i find challenging to tell apart at times...
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by steamed-hams

not really. quite a lot of asian people say that most white people look all the same to them, too. that's just how brains work.
Original post by ANM775
I googled this,

and it appears a lot of asians think they look asian and a lot of white people think they look white.

so i guess you are sorta right.................., :confused:

yeah, we just assume their race because to us white is the default, to them it isn't.
Original post by Ciel.
science says "because nipples develop in the womb before embryos become distinctly male or female." anyway, stop complaining, your sex life would probably be somewhat more boring without them.

I can safely assure you that at no point have I ever been sexually stimulated by having my nipples played with or bitten. in fact many times I find it kinda painful :ashamed2: and all it does it make me develop a new-found respect for mothers
Reply 32
If a man shoots and kills a man in France, then escapes to the UK and shoots and kills another man, then escapes to the US and shoots and kills another man, ... then escapes to Italy and is captured by the authorities ...WHERE is he going to serve his sentence and will he serve time for 1 murder or 3?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
If a pre-OP pre surgery male to female transperson who legally identifies as male goes around shirtless is this classed illegal/an offence?

If a man who identifies as male gets breasts enlargements is he allowed to go topless in public legally?

Tbh i highly doubt pre top surgery ftm people would even want to go shirtless since looking at their chests often causes them severe discomfort. If they were shirtless they would probably have a binder on or maybe trans tape
@Tenya Iida will likely know more on said topic
Reply 34
Original post by goggleyed
I can safely assure you that at no point have I ever been sexually stimulated by having my nipples played with or bitten. in fact many times I find it kinda painful :ashamed2: and all it does it make me develop a new-found respect for mothers

really? that's kinda odd.
Original post by CoolCavy
Tbh i highly doubt pre top surgery ftm people would even want to go shirtless since looking at their chests often causes them severe discomfort. If they were shirtless they would probably have a binder on or maybe trans tape
@Tenya Iida will likely know more on said topic

ive had a few fellow transmasc people tell me theyve walked around pubicly in their binders before, and i wuld never have the confidence, honestly.

a few who have had top surgery may go shirtless and are prideful of their scars, but that wasnt what the person was asking, so its irrelevant.

either way, i cant speak for everyone, but i wouldnt because of my insecurities and also for the reasons cavy stated, as is the same with quite a lot of us.
Original post by ANM775
If a man shoots and kills a man in France, then escapes to the UK and shoots and kills another man, then escapes to the US and shoots and kills another man, ... then escapes to Italy and is captured by the authorities ...WHERE is he going to serve his sentence and will he serve time for 1 murder or 3?

His country of origin surely
Why is it gay to hold hands but then it’s fine to hold a wiener
Reply 38
Original post by Marcus...
His country of origin surely

his country of origin may be a country where he didn't kill anybody though. what then?
Original post by Ciel.
dude, it's anime. they need coloured eyes and hair so that it's easier for you to tell the characters apart.

Yes, the characters are drawn in a very distinctive style & to me they don't really look like people from any ethnicity. I'd always assumed most of them were supposed to be Japanese. I get why some people might see them as white ie the fact they're drawn with light skin, but a lot of Japanese people have quite a pale skin tone anyway. And like you say, the differences in hair, eye colour etc makes it easier to distinguish the characters.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending