The Student Room Group

Do you approve of using animals to test Corona vaccine?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
What else would we test it on? Using small animals is usually the first step of any pre-clinical stage of teasing news drugs and medicines.
Reply 21
Original post by Deggs_14
What else would we test it on?

People who don't approve of it being tested on animals?
Original post by Deggs_14
What else would we test it on? Using small animals is usually the first step of any pre-clinical stage of teasing news drugs and medicines.

humans? but idk
Reply 23
Original post by williamho
the Ebola vaccine is called rVSV-ZEBOV

please explain how this name was arrived at
Original post by Shadynaz
Maybe I'm just too nice, but they are still human, with thoughts and feelings. People that have been manipulated enough to go down the wrong path and kill people.

If they're psychopaths they don't.
Reply 25
Original post by z-hog
People who don't approve of it being tested on animals?

But we don’t know if it’s safer for humans if it’s not tested on some other species first
Original post by NJA
please explain how this name was arrived at

It is named after the river on which stands the village that saw the first outbreak,
All those supporting this would you be happy on it being tested on dogs and cats?

Or are there only certain animals yours have enough contempt for to do this to?
Original post by Good bloke
The only sensible alternative is to test it on those that disapprove.

Ohh how about test on those that are desperate for a cure? I don't want a cure to this virus. If you are so desperate for one then put yourself forward You sad little coward.
Original post by calumstim
All those supporting this would you be happy on it being tested on dogs and cats?

Or are there only certain animals yours have enough contempt for to do this to?

Sure, I don't like dogs much. I do like cats, but I feel they need more challenge in their lives.
Original post by StriderHort
Sure, I don't like dogs much. I do like cats, but I feel they need more challenge in their lives.

I hate Cats.
Original post by the bear
maybe use jihadi prisoners instead ?

:dontknow:

Nah let's solely use Tony Blair instead. A bird told me that he might have had a hand in the killing of approximately 1.5 million Iraqi civilians.

:dontknow:
Reply 33
Absolutely. Either that or we use the vast amount of remainers left, since they have little purpose in life now brexit is done.
go ahead, have at it.
Original post by The Mogg
Absolutely. Either that or we use the vast amount of remainers left, since they have little purpose in life now brexit is done.

Pfft, not if I test it on you first!
Reply 36
Original post by StriderHort
Pfft, not if I test it on you first!

You'd have to catch me first :u:
Reply 37
Original post by calumstim
I hate Cats.

Fascinating
Reply 38
no. it should be tested on rapists instead. would pay to watch them die a slow painful death, ****ers.
Reply 39
Vaccines sometimes fail in animals whereas they may work in people due to differences in immune response; once the vaccine is safe and known not to cause antibody enhanced immune response (meaning that the vaccine helps the SARS-CoV-2 virus infect cells). I think trialling it people is fine once they know it's completely safe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending