The Student Room Group

Nottingham A100 / A108 2020 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by o100j200
Accommodation booking opens on 2nd March but obviously all the offer holder days are after this and I don’t even think i’ll have heard back from my other 2 options to know if i’ve got an offer by this day so do we just wait to book accommodation? My friend last year (not doing medicine) booked it 10 days after it opened and there were only shared bathroom options left not saying this is a problem but are we going to be less likely to get 1st choice accommodation than other courses? It also says on their website that accommodation is allocated on first come first served basis

Yes it is first come first served as, once it opens, you book the actual room you want. And I think it is only when you have firmed them that you can book (as my son insured them and wasn’t given the option to book). It does seem unfair to medics under this system - other universities run accommodation differently eg ballots
Reply 61
I got an offer yesterday but haven't received an invitation to an offer holders day. Is it in a separate email to the congratulations one?
mine came the day after but maybe just wait until the end of this week?

Original post by lucyord
I got an offer yesterday but haven't received an invitation to an offer holders day. Is it in a separate email to the congratulations one?

I got mine the day after but just maybe wait until tomorrow or the end of the weekend? It’s in a separate email
Reply 63
Original post by schoolsuxs
mine came the day after but maybe just wait until the end of this week?

I got mine the day after but just maybe wait until tomorrow or the end of the weekend? It’s in a separate email

Okay thank you!
Original post by bathtimecheetah
I am :biggrin: I'm travelling from the north east about 2hrs away. How about you?

I’m coming from London
Anyone going to the 8th April offer holder day?
Reply 66
Which university park zones do most medical students stay in for accommodation? Thanks
Reply 67
Original post by 321med
Which university park zones do most medical students stay in for accommodation? Thanks

You can pretty much stay in any of the halls if you are based at QMC. All the catered halls, i.e, Beeston, Nightingale, Cripps, Flo Bo, Ancaster, Rutland etc., are within 20 minutes or less walking distance from QMC. If you want to live in self-catered accommodation then Broadgate Park is the closest at 25-30 minutes walk away or a 5 minute tram ride. Alternatively, St Peter's Court is a self-catered accommodation in Ilkeston, about 30-40 minute walk from UP or about 20 minutes walk from QMC and they provide a bus hourly direct from SPC to QMC and UP.
Original post by elle_:)
You can pretty much stay in any of the halls if you are based at QMC. All the catered halls, i.e, Beeston, Nightingale, Cripps, Flo Bo, Ancaster, Rutland etc., are within 20 minutes or less walking distance from QMC. If you want to live in self-catered accommodation then Broadgate Park is the closest at 25-30 minutes walk away or a 5 minute tram ride. Alternatively, St Peter's Court is a self-catered accommodation in Ilkeston, about 30-40 minute walk from UP or about 20 minutes walk from QMC and they provide a bus hourly direct from SPC to QMC and UP.

With the bus, do you have to walk for 30mins to the bus stop then ride from UP to QMC for St. peter’s court?
Reply 69
With the bus, do you have to walk for 30mins to the bus stop then ride from UP to QMC for St. peter’s court?

No the bus stop is right outside of the accommodation and then the bus ride is just under ten minutes in the morning to QMC and about 15 minutes to UP. So you can literally roll out of bed at 08:15 and make the 8:25 bus outside SPC.
Original post by elle_:)
No the bus stop is right outside of the accommodation and then the bus ride is just under ten minutes in the morning to QMC and about 15 minutes to UP. So you can literally roll out of bed at 08:15 and make the 8:25 bus outside SPC.

Oh thankyou!! I think I’m quite keen on St. peter’s because of the gym & bus passes :smile: the bus makes it not too far either
Reply 71
Oh thankyou!! I think I’m quite keen on St. peter’s because of the gym & bus passes :smile: the bus makes it not too far either

I did my first year of undergrad at SPC and it was really good accommodation. The gym is not that big so most people just went across the road to Xercise4Less which is about £12.99/month. Yeah the bus is really handy and makes the commute a lot easier - I currently live in Broadgate now and it is a little bit of a trek - especially to QMC.
Reply 72
Just booked the 11th March Offer Holders Day. Is anyone else going on that date?
Reply 73
Original post by sherryn
Just booked the 11th March Offer Holders Day. Is anyone else going on that date?

I'm going on the 11th. Looking forward to it sounds like an interesting day.
Reply 74
Original post by sherryn

I'm going then :smile:
What do we have to wear for the offer holders day lol, I have no clue whether to wear smart casual or just normal clothes
Original post by adzz.s1
What do we have to wear for the offer holders day lol, I have no clue whether to wear smart casual or just normal clothes

Wear what you like as long as it's not offensive and is comfortable.
Original post by Laycity
Wear what you like as long as it's not offensive and is comfortable.

Ohh cool
Which hall has the best social life and night life ??
I have an offer for A100 5 yr course at ARU and am in a bit of a pickle bc if notts has spaces on the 5 year course on results day then they’d transfer me on it which is what I would like but ofc there’s no guarantee then i’d end up on the 6 year course. I quite like ARU & it’s a LOT more closer rather than nottingham so there’s also the accommodation money, kinda unsure which one to firm since i liked both of the uni’s :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending