The Student Room Group

Veterinary Nursing 2020 - Interviews, Offers, Where?...

Where has everyone applied for Veterinary Nursing thi year? I have applied to Hartpury, RVC and Harper Adams. Had invites from RVC and Hartpury but haven't heard from Harper since beginning of January time :?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nothing from Harper here either. Quite pleased to see your post so I know I'm not the only one. I've heard back from all the others that I applied to, so think they must just be slow this year for some reason.Got offers from Bristol and Moreton Morrell, and interviews pending for RVC and Edinburgh Napier.
Reply 2
It was the same for me with Harper. Applied in December and was asked for my work experience references, vocational log, fitness to practise questionnaire which I sent away. Heard in early Jan that my info had been passed on to the course manager then nothing at all. So in late Jan I decided to send an email to ask about my application status since I'd heard back from pretty much everywhere else. And they gave me an offer, I was pretty surprised, but since its my first choice I'm real happy about it.
So I'd say maybe send them an email enquiring about the status, there's no harm in it!
Reply 3
Since then I’ve received an offer from them too! It’s not my first choice so I’m happy but I don’t mind that they took long either.
Reply 4
Original post by lowribee01
Since then I’ve received an offer from them too! It’s not my first choice so I’m happy but I don’t mind that they took long either.

That’s good! Out of curiosity did you have to go to an interview?
Reply 5
Original post by BBeth!
That’s good! Out of curiosity did you have to go to an interview?

Nope I haven’t had to attend an interview with them, I don’t think they ask for people to go to them anymore!
Reply 6
Nope I haven’t had to attend an interview with them, I don’t think they ask for people to go to them anymore!

Same! Thought it was a bit odd at first since everywhere else does and on the course page it still says they interview but oh well, at least I didn’t have to make a near on 4 hour trip down there.
Reply 7
Original post by BBeth!
Same! Thought it was a bit odd at first since everywhere else does and on the course page it still says they interview but oh well, at least I didn’t have to make a near on 4 hour trip down there.

I know exactly, it’s a 3.5 hour trip for me up there to Telford from South Wales!
Reply 8

Hi Lowribee01. I'm a bit confused - the application process says that all vet nursing applicants need to go through an interview process before being offered. Did you get an offer without needing to do the interview?
Reply 9
Original post by RoseCV
Hi Lowribee01. I'm a bit confused - the application process says that all vet nursing applicants need to go through an interview process before being offered. Did you get an offer without needing to do the interview?

Yeah I received an offer from Harper Adams without needing an interview. What about you?
Reply 10
Yeah I received an offer from Harper Adams without needing an interview. What about you?

Wow, congratulations! I'm still waiting to hear - they have told me that my application is with the course director so it's a case of waiting to find out. Maybe they aren't doing interviews at Harper this year for some reason?
Reply 11
Original post by RoseCV
Wow, congratulations! I'm still waiting to hear - they have told me that my application is with the course director so it's a case of waiting to find out. Maybe they aren't doing interviews at Harper this year for some reason?

All the best! Hopefully you’ll hear from them soon, yeah its weird how they haven’t been interviewing as majority of universities do for veterinary nursing.
I've applied for RVC, Middlesex, Oxford Brookes and Nottingham Trent. Oh and Chester but for Bioveterinary. I had my RVC interview already and have Middlesex this coming week. Haven't heard anything from OB or NT yet though...
Reply 13
Original post by Holly230900
I've applied for RVC, Middlesex, Oxford Brookes and Nottingham Trent. Oh and Chester but for Bioveterinary. I had my RVC interview already and have Middlesex this coming week. Haven't heard anything from OB or NT yet though...

All the best! I’ve had my hartpury and RVC interviews this last week so I am just hoping to hear back from them🤔
Reply 14
All the best! I’ve had my hartpury and RVC interviews this last week so I am just hoping to hear back from them🤔

Hi lowribee01. I had my RVC interview the week before you. When you went, did they say if they still had more interviews to do after your session?
Reply 15
Original post by RoseCV
Hi lowribee01. I had my RVC interview the week before you. When you went, did they say if they still had more interviews to do after your session?

Yeah they have a lot more interviews to do! It’s for the duration of the whole of February so at the minute they’re in the middle of doing so.
All the best! I’ve had my hartpury and RVC interviews this last week so I am just hoping to hear back from them

Thanks! Good luck to you too. RVC said they'd send out offers beginning of March/ mid March btw!
Reply 17
Has anyone heard from RVC already?
Reply 18
Hi Rose!!Nope I haven’t, that’s my last reply I’m waiting for now😡😡 I’ve received offers from Harper and Hartpury so just need this last one and I can apply for accommodation then. X
Reply 19
Hi Rose!!Nope I haven’t, that’s my last reply I’m waiting for now😡😡 I’ve received offers from Harper and Hartpury so just need this last one and I can apply for accommodation then. X

Hi , how long after your interview did u get your Hartpury offer? I’m waiting to hear back from them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending