The Student Room Group

Are Brexiteers Stupid?

This morning we will examine whether Brexiteers are stupid, naive and idiotic.

Given that a good portion of them read the SUN, the Daily Mail, the Daily Express, and the Daily Telegraph, one concudes that stupidity is the driving force in this life.

There is no need for conspiracy theories, the Illuminati, the reptiles, the Grey Aliens, and other threats from outer space.

Humans are very capable of self harm no need for external factors.

But a brexiteer or a Trump supporter may ask the same question again and again....

Do you say that all people who voted for Brexit or Trump are stupid, naive, or fascists? No of course not.

What is clear is that all stupids, idiots, fascists, voted for Brexit and Trump. That doesn't make the entire population of Brexiteers and Trump supporters stupids. A large number is however stupid.

Scroll to see replies

I'm sure that sounds very clever at your age.
(a bit rude, but you need to sound less pretentious, especially when your trying to call a lot of people stupid)

They are certainly less academic and educated, that much has been demonstrated. Intelligence is harder to prove.

Its also not easy to combine Brexit with trump when your looking at voter bases. For example, Trump voters were on average educated to a lower level than Hillary voters, but they also on average (accounting for age/location) earn more money than Hillary voters. The same can't be said for Brexit voters, where they, on average earn less and are less educated. Trump generally observes the right/left pattern, where income swings to the right, and academic education swings to the left, generally because income is adverse to risk, whereas academic is open to exploration/new ideas. Brexit doesn't fit this pattern because it carries with it a lot of risk, so income still shifted away from it.

Its also worth remembering the age dynamics when your talking about education. For example its easy to make statistics that say "Brexit voters X times less likely to have a degree", while ignoring that the older you go in the population the more the proportion of people with degrees decreases, so just by the nature of having more elderly voters, you get less voters with a tertiary education.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by gavpop11
You're so clever with your degree education that you spelt "your", "loose" and "its" all wrong.

Yes, I spell a lot wrong. Well done. In how ever many years I've been on here, your the first person to point that out to me.

you can point out that I spelt 'your' wrong again above, if it makes you feel better about yourself.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Lucifer323

Given that a good portion of them read the SUN, the Daily Mail, the Daily Express, and the Daily Telegraph, one concudes that stupidity is the driving force in this life.

There is no need for conspiracy theories, the Illuminati, the reptiles, the Grey Aliens, and other threats from outer space.

But a brexiteer or a Trump supporter may ask the same question again and again....

Do you say that all people who voted for Brexit or Trump are stupid, naive, or fascists? No of course not.

What is clear is that all stupids, idiots, fascists, voted for Brexit and Trump. That doesn't make the entire population of Brexiteers and Trump supporters stupids. A large number is however stupid.

somewhat true but not entirely

Well given the original vote was 52% and 17.4 million people, this seems a large enough pool to assume a very wide distribution from people who are genius and exceptionally talented to others who are 'stupid' and everything in between, people voted for many different reasons and trying to box them up as this or that whether the term be bigot or stupid or whatever term it is next week just adds fuel to the fire and causes a bigger rift.

FYI - I voted remain, but I would say im not a remoaner, we should just get on with trying to organise the best deal possible. Get over who said what and look forward this constant rhetoric of looking down your nose at people who voted brexit or tory may have something to do with why they keep winning, arguments of substance generally play better then identity politics imo.
Lol whatever helps you sleep at night :biggrin: What does it feel like to lose several times to a bunch of easily led Thicko's.:u:

There are low Intelligence people who voted both ways, also dont confuse academia with intelligence or success for that matter either. I was talking to a hard core irrational remainer not so long back who thought John Bercow was a leftie and a victim of the conservative right, I pointed out his political history and belief thrends. So what was the guys responce "You and your mob are just racist, you believe anything Farage tells you" I just put my thumb up and "quality debating skills" then my group closed ranks and ignored him. * I was in a real ale bar*
Reply 6
Original post by emanresUU
What is clear is that almost everything you have written is stupid. Maybe you should examine your own intelligence?

Hi my friend.

No I think I am good when it comes to intelligence. See my post please in relation to how I link to lack of intelligence and self harm.

Now the arguments are not really good when it comes to 'remoaners' and let's make Britain Great again. Let's take our country back....

Populism & stupidity
Reply 7
A lot of labour supporters also voted for Brexit. Those who also read the Sun, the Daily Mail, the Daily Mail, the Daily Telegraph, the Daily Express and all these scientific magazines....

Since we have 40% of the labour voters who voted to leave the European Union then one can understand why stupidity is the driving force in this life we live .

Enjoy now endless Tory Governments together with the Farages of this land.

At least Scotland & Northern Ireland have a choice and the more time it passes the more obvious is what they will do . ...
A lot of labour supporters also voted for Brexit. Those who also read the Sun, the Daily Mail, the Daily Mail, the Daily Telegraph, the Daily Express and all these scientific magazines....

Since we have 40% of the labour voters who voted to leave the European Union then one can understand why stupidity is the driving force in this life we live .

Enjoy now endless Tory Governments together with the Farages of this land.

At least Scotland & Northern Ireland have a choice and the more time it passes the more obvious is what they will do . ...

Where to start with this,

If they flipped their votes from labour to tory then they are no longer labour voters (it was 40% in 2016, i believe it was down to about 25% in 2019 election), no one can say it will be endless tory governments anything can happen in the next 5-10 years either way on public opinion.

Farage isnt even a tory

I doubt labour voters are the ones reading the mail or telegraph tbh and since the Sun flipped from labour to conservative in 2009, I suspect that now doesn't attract too many labour voters either.

Is it possible your just a **** stirrer and a bad one at that?
Reply 9
Original post by mnot
Where to start with this,

If they flipped their votes from labour to tory then they are no longer labour voters (it was 40% in 2016, i believe it was down to about 25% in 2019 election), no one can say it will be endless tory governments anything can happen in the next 5-10 years either way on public opinion.

Farage isnt even a tory

I doubt labour voters are the ones reading the mail or telegraph tbh and since the Sun flipped from labour to conservative in 2009, I suspect that now doesn't attract too many labour voters either.

Is it possible your just a **** stirrer and a bad one at that?

Those labour voters who voted for Brexit do actually like the SUN abd they read it frequently.

I should have differentiated that the Daily Mail , Daily Telegraph and Daily Express are mostly attracting right wing voters. But some labour voters who like populism and conspiracy theories are there to read the crap.

It is obvious that the majority of right wing voters voted for Brexit and the Brexit Vote includes a majority of right wing voters. But because stupidity is endless then this attracted labour voters too.

Now we had 10 years of Tories and we will have another at least 10 years .

A possible break up of the Union

Well done to the Stupids

Well done to the Stupids

cant argue with a strong coherent argument, you should became a speaker at the Oxford Union.
Original post by BrexitBoy69
Hello, i think youre stupid, brexiteers have seen the light unlike yourself. everyone who didnt vote the mighty boris in the election is just extremely incompetent and plain stupid. so, youre the stupid one

Let me guess your OP & this is another account you just made?

sometimes trolling on TSR is done to a decent standard but this is a new low.
This post literally makes no sense. There are dumb* and smart voters on each side obviously.

*Just so you know I class dumb voters as voters who do not do much research into political parties and ideas, not on their intellectual intelligence.
Someone is still pissed we left from the looks of it
Original post by BrexitBoy69v2
my account got banned, but I can confirm you've bit the bait

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries :-)
Original post by mqb2766
Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries :-)

why thank you sir
Original post by mnot
Well given the original vote was 52% and 17.4 million people, this seems a large enough pool to assume a very wide distribution from people who are genius and exceptionally talented to others who are 'stupid' and everything in between, people voted for many different reasons and trying to box them up as this or that whether the term be bigot or stupid or whatever term it is next week just adds fuel to the fire and causes a bigger rift.

FYI - I voted remain, but I would say im not a remoaner, we should just get on with trying to organise the best deal possible. Get over who said what and look forward this constant rhetoric of looking down your nose at people who voted brexit or tory may have something to do with why they keep winning, arguments of substance generally play better then identity politics imo.

This.
I really don't like the whole mentality of labelling everyone on the opposite side as stupid or racist or whatever, whether we're talking about Brexit or politics more generally. I class myself as fairly liberal/ centre left on most issues but there's no way I'd label everyone with more conservative views as idiots and bigots. Sure, you can point to examples of people who actually are like that, but there's also millions of others who have considered the issues & just come to different conclusions.
Original post by mnot
cant argue with a strong coherent argument, you should became a speaker at the Oxford Union.

:rofl:

Those labour voters who voted for Brexit do actually like the SUN abd they read it frequently.

I should have differentiated that the Daily Mail , Daily Telegraph and Daily Express are mostly attracting right wing voters. But some labour voters who like populism and conspiracy theories are there to read the crap.

It is obvious that the majority of right wing voters voted for Brexit and the Brexit Vote includes a majority of right wing voters. But because stupidity is endless then this attracted labour voters too.

Now we had 10 years of Tories and we will have another at least 10 years .

A possible break up of the Union

Well done to the Stupids

I'm one such labour party voter,I'm actually a member of the party who held my nose to vote Conservatives in December.

I find your posts absolutely deluded if they are not just trolling for fun, which I suspect they are. I find #idoits threading from salty renainers absolutely sidesplitting funny :biggrin: It's even more funny when as a brexiteer you get endless pearlers from "intelligent" remainers, for example
"Farage is a tory"
"Brexit will break the union"
" Brexit will give decades of Tory governments"
"Major /letwin are moderate tories"
"EU membership is left wing"
‘Hate won!’
"Everyones changed their mind"
"Millions march to stay in london"

Honestly, when its comes to stupidity maybe be a little more objective thinking may just give you the lightbulb moment you need in your life.
The word fascist seems to be thrown around mostly by far left extremists towards literally anyone who disagree with them. Which curiously enough make them to fit into the definition of fascist :biggrin:

Also, referendums are in general bad idea. It's way too much about emotions rather that facts and data.
Yes, anyone who believes we are better out of both the largest trading bloc in the world, and the funding that comes back to this country from the EU needs their head checked. Problem is, because they're so small minded they can't see the biggest picture. We may pay £270m into the EU (or whatever the real figure was, because it certainly wasn't £350m)but we easily get that back and more in what the EU gives us.

Instead, we're going to go back to colonial times, fly the flag, try to get the union back and play pomp and circumstance at top volume.

So. Small. Minded.

Latest

Trending

Trending