The Student Room Group

Manchester A104 / A106 2020 Offer Holders

Welcome to the University of Manchester A104 / A106 2020 Entry Offer Holders.

For general information click: https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey guys, may as well kick this thing off 😂 I was just wondering if anyone who’s firming has thought about accommodation yet? I know not many offers have been given out yet but I’m torn between going with uni accommodation or private? Thanks!
Original post by ellierwo
Hey guys, may as well kick this thing off 😂 I was just wondering if anyone who’s firming has thought about accommodation yet? I know not many offers have been given out yet but I’m torn between going with uni accommodation or private? Thanks!

Hey! I'm thinking of going with uni accomdation (I haven't chosen Manchester as my firm but I probably will) because people always say it's a great experience.
Reply 3
Original post by whizzer_wins
Hey! I'm thinking of going with uni accomdation (I haven't chosen Manchester as my firm but I probably will) because people always say it's a great experience.

Cool! Yeah it's a great uni and a great city, I'm from Manchester and I wouldn't mind 5 more years here 😅 the uni accommodation isn't exactly cheap though, 400 pound deposit as well, but the guarantee of being with other UoM students is nice. I'm on my 2nd gap year so I'm already eagerly looking at accommodation haha! Did you have a specific area in mind? e.g Fallowfield/city etc.
Reply 4

Does anyone know when the next batch of offers will be sent out?
Reply 5
Original post by car1039
Does anyone know when the next batch of offers will be sent out?

Don’t know for certain but they said they’d send the exceptional offers a couple of weeks before the rest so I think it will probably be at least another 2 weeks maybe, potentially sooner but I think they’ll wait until the interviews are complete at least I reckon. Good luck!
Hi guys. Im from manchester too, i’m firming defooo. But ima be staying at home tbh not gonna move out #unpopularopinion 😂😂
Reply 7
Original post by wannabemedic7860
Hi guys. Im from manchester too, i’m firming defooo. But ima be staying at home tbh not gonna move out #unpopularopinion 😂😂

Yeah I was undecided about that too as I know it would save money, but I’ve already been on two gap years and don’t think I could be at home for another😂 I say go for it if you feel like your home environment is somewhere you can focus, study and you have enough support.

I might firm (waiting on some decisions) but I've applied for accommodation, all in Fallowfield haha! Ideally, I'd love Richmond Park or Woolton Hall ensuite, but I wish they had video tours of the different residences to get a good idea of what it all looks like
Cool! Yeah it's a great uni and a great city, I'm from Manchester and I wouldn't mind 5 more years here 😅 the uni accommodation isn't exactly cheap though, 400 pound deposit as well, but the guarantee of being with other UoM students is nice. I'm on my 2nd gap year so I'm already eagerly looking at accommodation haha! Did you have a specific area in mind? e.g Fallowfield/city etc.

I haven't yet looked at the different accommodations but I will do and get back to you :smile:
Original post by whizzer_wins
I haven't yet looked at the different accommodations but I will do and get back to you :smile:

Anyone know/advise which site medics prefer to be? I’m torn between City and Fallowfield. City because just so convenient for those 9am lectures but don’t want to be completely devoid of any social life.
Reply 11
Haven't firmed yet, but probably going to soon. Think I'm gonna go for Fallowfield as I hear the social life is by far the best.
Yeah I’m so torn, I think the social aspect is nice but due the intense course I am tempted by Victoria park/city campus as they are much closer, also wouldn’t have to pay for a bus ticket.
Yeah I’m so torn, I think the social aspect is nice but due the intense course I am tempted by Victoria park/city campus as they are much closer, also wouldn’t have to pay for a bus ticket.

Yes - I agree. I’m assuming your social life is what you make it with others in your accommodation or on your course? Would love to be around other medics ideally.
Original post by Medilass
Yes - I agree. I’m assuming your social life is what you make it with others in your accommodation or on your course? Would love to be around other medics ideally.

Hmm might sound weird but actually I’d rather be surrounded by people from diverse programs. We’re already gonna be around each other often with classes and medic societies, and it’s interesting to know people with various backgrounds!
Has anyone heard back from Manchester with an offer and what was the grade requirements? I’m stressing out lol
Reply 16
Original post by kthekactus
Has anyone heard back from Manchester with an offer and what was the grade requirements? I’m stressing out lol

Samee, so stressed! When was your interview, mine was feb 11
Original post by car1039
Samee, so stressed! When was your interview, mine was feb 11

The first Monday of January was mine. I can’t even revise proper for final set of exams cause I’m scared lol. All my friends are hearing back from unis (in Scotland cause we from Scotland lol) with really good offers so I’m just like yeah idek what I’m like lol.
Original post by kthekactus

AAA
Original post by medilass
aaa

wait really?!!?!!?!?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending