The Student Room Group

I'm a Hindu, ask me anything

there's a lot of misconception regarding hindus so why not clear it out..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why are you a Hindu?
Original post by z-hog
Why are you a Hindu?

Well, my family and ancestors were hindus, so im traditionally into hinduism and is influenced to believe in the hindu culture and ways of living.
What is the Hindu view of being gay?
There a lot of different religions or schools of thought in “Hinduism”, especially regional differences, despite a common theme.

Do you think that the term adds to confusion?
What philosophical school do you personally follow, if any?
What form if Hinduism do you follow?
Do you follow things like iconography, or do you subscribe to the Vivekananda school of iconography and ritual being the bad aspects of Hinduism?
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
What is the Hindu view of being gay?

Well, gay is somethings thats not considered against the religion. Hindus believe that only God has the right to judge anyone. They are also God;s creations and we respect them greatly
Original post by Shakthiraja72
Well, gay is somethings thats not considered against the religion. Hindus believe that only God has the right to judge anyone. They are also God;s creations and we respect them greatly

That is very refreshing to hear :h:
Original post by princetonalec
What philosophical school do you personally follow, if any?
What form if Hinduism do you follow?
Do you follow things like iconography, or do you subscribe to the Vivekananda school of iconography and ritual being the bad aspects of Hinduism?

i dont personally follow any philosophical schools
im a non-vegetarian Hindu
and no i dont
im personally not very religious but a have strong faith in Hinduism, since i have been brought up in sri Lanka and visited many holy places with my grandparents
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
That is very refreshing to hear :h:

Glad!
Reply 10
Do Hindus refer to lapsed Hindus as Hindon'ts?
(edited 4 years ago)
Why do many ppl consider being Hindu is the same as being islamophobic? How can we solve this issue!?
Original post by NJA
Do Hindus refer to lapsed Hindus as Hindon'ts?

lapsed hindus
Original post by Sumi Shanks
Why do many ppl consider being Hindu is the same as being islamophobic? How can we solve this issue!?

Thats absolutely wrong.
Being a Hindu isnt the same as being islamophobic
not all hindus have dislike for islams
both have contrasting beliefs
and thats doesnt mean to have conflict

Solving this would be much easier if those conflicting people from both religion accept the contrasting beliefs
personally, minding your own faith only would solve many issues arising regarding this
Thats absolutely wrong.

Solving this would be much easier if those conflicting people from both religion accept the contrasting beliefs
personally, minding your own faith only would solve many issues arising regarding this

Muslims**
(sry)
Thats absolutely wrong.

If only it was that easy. But i like that you started this thread. Many misconceptions in the western world about Hinduism 👍🏽
Original post by Sumi Shanks
If only it was that easy. But i like that you started this thread. Many misconceptions in the western world about Hinduism 👍🏽

Yep, main reason why i started such a thread,
many misconceptions hurt me a lot and i feel like clearing it out to come ppl would help convey Hinduism better to the world.
if you dont mind me asking, are u a Hindu?
Yep, main reason why i started such a thread,
many misconceptions hurt me a lot and i feel like clearing it out to come ppl would help convey Hinduism better to the world.
if you dont mind me asking, are u a Hindu?

Yes i am. Often faced with allegations that are absolutely senseless. They read on the surface and speak as if they know all. I’m from India, your neighbour county!
What is the best thing about your religion and vice versa?
there's a lot of misconception regarding hindus so why not clear it out..

what % of young Brits of Hindu origin properly follow the religion?

same question about young people in India today!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending