The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by imlikeahermit
We may pay £270m into the EU (or whatever the real figure was, because it certainly wasn't £350m)but we easily get that back and more in what the EU gives us.

Not like a hard core remainer to not know the facts, figuresand realities :rolleyes:
Original post by Burton Bridge
Not like a hard core remainer to not know the facts, figuresand realities :rolleyes:

I can't be bothered to look up the actual figures anymore, it always falls on deaf ears anyway. It is less than £350m though.
Original post by imlikeahermit
I can't be bothered to look up the actual figures anymore, it always falls on deaf ears anyway. It is less than £350m though.

.png
Original post by BrainMan9
.png

It’s on the side of a bus so it must be true!
Original post by Lucifer323
This morning we will examine whether Brexiteers are stupid, naive and idiotic.

Given that a good portion of them read the SUN, the Daily Mail, the Daily Express, and the Daily Telegraph, one concudes that stupidity is the driving force in this life.

There is no need for conspiracy theories, the Illuminati, the reptiles, the Grey Aliens, and other threats from outer space.

Humans are very capable of self harm no need for external factors.

But a brexiteer or a Trump supporter may ask the same question again and again....

Do you say that all people who voted for Brexit or Trump are stupid, naive, or fascists? No of course not.

What is clear is that all stupids, idiots, fascists, voted for Brexit and Trump. That doesn't make the entire population of Brexiteers and Trump supporters stupids. A large number is however stupid.

Well, when one looks at Wales and how much it needed the heavy EU subsidies, and at Sunderland, where Nissan wanted to be sure of easy access to the EU, it really does look like a case of turkeys voting for Christmas.
:rofl:

I'm one such labour party voter,I'm actually a member of the party who held my nose to vote Conservatives in December.

I find your posts absolutely deluded if they are not just trolling for fun, which I suspect they are. I find #idoits threading from salty renainers absolutely sidesplitting funny :biggrin: It's even more funny when as a brexiteer you get endless pearlers from "intelligent" remainers, for example
"Farage is a tory"
"Brexit will break the union"
" Brexit will give decades of Tory governments"
"Major /letwin are moderate tories"
"EU membership is left wing"
‘Hate won!’
"Everyones changed their mind"
"Millions march to stay in london"

Honestly, when its comes to stupidity maybe be a little more objective thinking may just give you the lightbulb moment you need in your life.

Well done for voting the conservatives even though you are a labour party member. Splended!!!

There is no trolling by me.

It is true that the driving force in this world is utter stupidity.

Enjoy now the Tory Governments their antiscientific rhetoric and their conspiracy theories for as long as it takes.
Original post by David Getling
Well, when one looks at Wales and how much it needed the heavy EU subsidies, and at Sunderland, where Nissan wanted to be sure of easy access to the EU, it really does look like a case of turkeys voting for Christmas.

Well said!!!

But on the other hand....don't be a remoaner....

We will make Britain again Great against all those enemies that always wanted to destroy Britain.

Enemies:

The EU the greatest enemy of all
The Reptile Aliens
The Greys who also abduct humans
The Illuminati
The Free Masons who conspire

Enjoy now the Tory Governments their antiscientific rhetoric and their conspiracy theories for as long as it takes.

What specifically are you talking about here?

As someone who is actually a professional scientist I find what almost everyone says regarding climate change quite amazingly awful that includes labour, green, libdem.

Now we already know you are a troll, but im just curious if that specific point about antiscience is about and why any other party is any better on it?
Well done for voting the conservatives even though you are a labour party member. Splended!!!

There is no trolling by me.

It is true that the driving force in this world is utter stupidity.

Yes, that's the way dont ask why or try to understand just close your mind off to the reasons so many of us did what we did and label us stupid or worse!

You know there are key differences between smart and stupid people, stupid people blame others for their own mistakes, its something a smart person would never do. Stupid people always have to be right and they react to situations with anger or aggression.

A sure sign of intelligence is the ability to look at and understand things from a different point of view, intelligent people are open minded towards different view points. Maybe time to look in the mirror?
Reply 29
>> Are Brexiteers Stupid?

NO. But since you asked this question you must be stupid. How arrogant of you to denounce the legitimate views of so many people.

Actually, I think the EU negotiators along with Project Fear were really very stupid in their attempt to bring this country to heal. It blew up in their face and deservedly so. History has shown that free societies prosper ... and the EU does not foster free societies. Within a few years I think people will consider the remoaners to be stupid.
Original post by mnot

As someone who is actually a professional scientist I find what almost everyone says regarding climate change quite amazingly awful that includes labour, green, libdem.

Now we already know you are a troll, but im just curious if that specific point about antiscience is about and why any other party is any better on it?

Lol it's going to be some dribble about how it's only he left who cares about the environment. It's such a nonsense argument, they do it with all sorts, Politicising people sexuality and gender for example
Original post by BrainMan9
The word fascist seems to be thrown around mostly by far left extremists towards literally anyone who disagree with them. Which curiously enough make them to fit into the definition of fascist :biggrin:

Also, referendums are in general bad idea. It's way too much about emotions rather that facts and data.

I wouldn't categorise calling someone fascist as a means of suppressing the opposite person. It would only be fascist if they had legal barriers to stop people giving a different view. You also did what they complained about you labeled a group of people as fascist, when there is no ground for it.

They also do not have a positive view of violence, many are anti war. They also do not promote masculinity, youth, and charismatic authoritarian leadership. These are all examples of what one needs to be, in order to be labeled a fascist, at least according to the most frequently used definition.
Original post by mnot

It is traditional to find the wildest conspiracy theories and antiscientific arguments the further right you go
Yes, that's the way dont ask why or try to understand just close your mind off to the reasons so many of us did what we did and label us stupid or worse!

You know there are key differences between smart and stupid people, stupid people blame others for their own mistakes, its something a smart person would never do. Stupid people always have to be right and they react to situations with anger or aggression.

A sure sign of intelligence is the ability to look at and understand things from a different point of view, intelligent people are open minded towards different view points. Maybe time to look in the mirror?

"stupid people blame others for their own mistakes". That to me seems like a huge sector of brexit voters, people who blamed the EU for their lack of salary, purely because they chose to not take advantage of the education they were provided and so end up working minimum wage, or close to jobs.

I'm neutral on Brexit by the way, just saying what I observed over the referendum.
yes, incredibly.
It is traditional to find the wildest conspiracy theories and antiscientific arguments the further right you go

But you specifically said the Conservative party, what have they done that is anti scientific?
This morning we will examine whether Brexiteers are stupid, naive and idiotic.

Given that a good portion of them read the SUN, the Daily Mail, the Daily Express, and the Daily Telegraph, one concudes that stupidity is the driving force in this life.

There is no need for conspiracy theories, the Illuminati, the reptiles, the Grey Aliens, and other threats from outer space.

Humans are very capable of self harm no need for external factors.

But a brexiteer or a Trump supporter may ask the same question again and again....

Do you say that all people who voted for Brexit or Trump are stupid, naive, or fascists? No of course not.

What is clear is that all stupids, idiots, fascists, voted for Brexit and Trump. That doesn't make the entire population of Brexiteers and Trump supporters stupids. A large number is however stupid.

Labour supporter?

I mean im sure you can find a handful of people who believe lots of stuff anywhere along the left/right divide.

If you are talking antiscience im curious which specific political policy you mean, and why any other parties have a more viable alternative policy (and what it is?).
Original post by AnonymousNoMore
"stupid people blame others for their own mistakes". That to me seems like a huge sector of brexit voters, people who blamed the EU for their lack of salary, purely because they chose to not take advantage of the education they were provided and so end up working minimum wage, or close to jobs.

I'm neutral on Brexit by the way, just saying what I observed over the referendum.

Education and salary dont always go hand in hand. If I was going to make the point you make I'd probably select a different

Brexit voters who voted leave to reduce immigration from Islamic countries.

There are misinformed people on both sides of the fence.
Original post by AnonymousNoMore
I wouldn't categorise calling someone fascist as a means of suppressing the opposite person. It would only be fascist if they had legal barriers to stop people giving a different view. You also did what they complained about you labeled a group of people as fascist, when there is no ground for it.

They also do not have a positive view of violence, many are anti war. They also do not promote masculinity, youth, and charismatic authoritarian leadership. These are all examples of what one needs to be, in order to be labeled a fascist, at least according to the most frequently used definition.

Isn't that exactly what they do? You disagree with something they will yell Fascist! at you. And where possible you will aslo get attacked physically.
Left learning extremists are the same as the right wing ones. Difference (if any) is only cosmetical. Methods are identical as are their goals. Isn't the Antifa pretty much the same as was the SA?

Latest

Trending

Trending