The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Capt.Sensible
I was disagreeing with your earlier statement

Thr statement about Scotland not being free? I explained it in a reply to you a minute ago, you can't just say you're right, you have to respond to what I said
Original post by BrainMan9
There is only one choice. The independece day :biggrin: Finally, we have our own - and from someone else. Usually its the other way around :biggrin:

Lol true right haha
Original post by AnonymousNoMore
The problem is the political system at the moment is full with people who I have no hope for, Boris is just a clown, corbyns gone, although I didn't like him and his policies, and the rest just to be honest are irrelevant.

Boris isnt a clown, far from it hes a very clever man.

I liked Corbyn from a far but Europe swallowed us whole, Corbyn needed to be stronger and show stronger leadership like Johnson did. What labour did was give the Conservatives the key to our northern heartlands and Boris took them filled his boots. There was not any other choices, the yellow Tories screwed themselves via telling the electorate to go "**** themselves" and no other party was remotely creditable.
Original post by Burton Bridge
Boris isnt a clown, far from it hes a very clever man.

I liked Corbyn from a far but Europe swallowed us whole, Corbyn needed to be stronger and show stronger leadership like Johnson did. What labour did was give the Conservatives the key to our northern heartlands and Boris took them filled his boots. There was not any other choices, the yellow Tories screwed themselves via telling the electorate to go "**** themselves" and no other party was remotely creditable.

Look at the way he acts and talks, like hiding in a fridge from a journalist. The amount of times he lied during the election and the referendum about the EU. What about his past comments about gay people?
He may be a strong leader and did a mix match of stuff in London, but he is certainly a clown.
Original post by Lucifer323
What is clear is that all stupids, idiots, fascists, voted for Brexit and Trump. That doesn't make the entire population of Brexiteers and Trump supporters stupids. A large number is however stupid.

50% of the population has below-average intelligence. You're going to have a large number of stupid people on both sides of whatever 2-choice vote you do. But even stupid people can be correct, especially when they are voting for something with such complicated implications as Brexit. Not even leading economists, diplomats, businessmen or insurance companies could tell you what the consequences of Brexit would be. We can't even define what Brexit means other than the UK no longer being a member of the EU.

If we define intelligence regarding Brexit as knowledge of the EU and UK power structure, economies, international diplomacy, WTO regulations, international trade, etc. then we were all stupid because nobody knew, and whoever said they knew is either a liar or diplomat/economist/EU-UK bureaucrat/TNC member/ITC member. But given that there are no peopel who can call themselves a diplomat/economist/EU-UK bureaucrat/TNC member/ITC member, you're all liars and, using my previous definition, you are all stupid.

A lot of Trump supporters are not for Trump but against Hilary Clinton and Bernie Sanders. Many of the most loyal Trump supporters initially supported Ted Cruz, believe it or not.
Look at the way he acts and talks, like hiding in a fridge from a journalist. The amount of times he lied during the election and the referendum about the EU. What about his past comments about gay people?
He may be a strong leader and did a mix match of stuff in London, but he is certainly a clown.

Ok well let's look at this objectively.

Firstly his comments are not all his comments, some are historic comments from his time as editor of a a media publication he could of edited if he wanted. I'm not a major fan of $*** hunting people historic comments, we travel a dangerous road if we do that. It's going to disproportionately effect the young millennial generation too boot, which ironically are some of the biggest perpetrators of this.

Regards lies, political figures mislead and create spin. That's what they do, the remain camp was full of it, the Tories do it all the time - labour wrecked the economy is an example, for balance we do it particularly around the NHS. So just because Boris is better or more successful at it, hardly makes him a clown - does it?

If hes a clown, hes a very successful one.
Ok well let's look at this objectively.

Firstly his comments are not all his comments, some are historic comments from his time as editor of a a media publication he could of edited if he wanted. I'm not a major fan of $*** hunting people historic comments, we travel a dangerous road if we do that. It's going to disproportionately effect the young millennial generation too boot, which ironically are some if the biggest perpetrators of this.

Regards lies, political figures mislead and create spin. That's what they do, the remain camp was full of it, the Tories do it all the time - labour wrecked the economy is an example, for balance we do it particularly around the NHS. So just because Boris is better or more successful at it, hardly makes him a clown - does it?

If hes a clown, hes a very successful one.

Yes in fact it does make him a clown, just because he's successful doesn't make him a clown. And I'm not a Labour supporter but if you look at the amount of misinformation perpetuated by the Conservative party and the Labour Party, you will see thst the Conservatives lied a lot more.
But you specifically said the Conservative party, what have they done that is anti scientific?

When you promote matters in the absence of evidence then you are antiscientific by definition.
Yes in fact it does make him a clown, just because he's successful doesn't make him a clown. And I'm not a Labour supporter but if you look at the amount of misinformation perpetuated by the Conservative party and the Labour Party, you will see thst the Conservatives lied a lot more.

Are we still talking about brexit here or party lab vs con politics?

I'm assuming you mis-typed your first line? Your definition of a clown and mine may differ, as if hes a clown, hes a very successful one.
When you promote matters in the absence of evidence then you are antiscientific by definition.

:rofl: do you not see the irony in that statement :rofl3:
Are we still talking about brexit here or party lab vs con politics?

I'm assuming you mis-typed your first line? Your definition of a clown and mine may differ, as if hes a clown, hes a very successful one.

Yeah I did miss type, was supposed to say being successful doesn't exempt you from being a clown. To me a clown is someone who behaves in a comical way, in such Boris is most definately a clown. The way he behaves, his outbursts and his behaviour are all quite comical. Hiding from a journalist when he is running to be in charge of a country, is juvenile and comical, both of which to me show him to be a clown. The amount of lying he does is also comical, again reaferming the idea he is a clown.

It is most likely an act and a performance, but the performance is most definately one of a clown.
:rofl: do you not see the irony in that statement :rofl3:

Not really as I don't promote matters in the absence of evidence.

Those who promote these ideas and have written previously in this post they claim that the EU is a
huge dictatorship where countries suffer and they have no freedoms whatsoever. Hence we in the UK are now liberated from
the oppression of the European Union.

As I said before we don't all read the SUN, the Daily Mail, the Daily Telegraph and The Daily Express where these claims
usually originate and are taken by the readers.

If you can qualify these claims then we can discuss about these matters

What matters do they promote with absence of evidence?
Yeah I did miss type, was supposed to say being successful doesn't exempt you from being a clown. To me a clown is someone who behaves in a comical way, in such Boris is most definately a clown. The way he behaves, his outbursts and his behaviour are all quite comical. Hiding from a journalist when he is running to be in charge of a country, is juvenile and comical, both of which to me show him to be a clown. The amount of lying he does is also comical, again reaferming the idea he is a clown.

It is most likely an act and a performance, but the performance is most definately one of a clown.

This is where the disagreement lies, definition I was looking at the urban slang meaning of the word which us a fool, someone who there's no other word for other than 'clown' it explains how stupid they can be and how little you think about them.

I agree with you, he certainly acts a fake performance of a clown.
Original post by mqb2766
Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries :-)

I fart in your general direction
This is where the disagreement lies, definition I was looking at the urban slang meaning of the word which us a fool, someone who there's no other word for other than 'clown' it explains how stupid they can be and how little you think about them.

I agree with you, he certainly acts a fake performance of a clown.

I Didn't know that it had been appropriated by urban slang, how disappointing. But yes, it appears we disagree on definition.
Nope.
Nope.

I believe that is the general feeling towards your original question, apart from the few who, like Japanese troops on a Pacific island, still think there's a war to be won.
What matters do they promote with absence of evidence?

most of the claims that originate from these newspapers which are right wing are usually

lies
exaggerations
twists & partial facts

We are talking about the SUN, Daily Mail etc, where many conspiracy theories originate. Brexit is such a Conspiracy theory where in the name
of freedom we need to leave the oppression of the European Union.
Hence camouflaging the real routes and concerns of those who wanted to leave the Union. There are many. Immigration is one, fear is another one,
lack of understanding of membership, given the provocative privileges the UK had while a member.

We have also those who are nostalgic of empires...

Utter Stupidity and Idiocy
I Didn't know that it had been appropriated by urban slang, how disappointing. But yes, it appears we disagree on definition.

Lol ya need ta get down wif da kids bruv,

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=clown

:biggrin::wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending