The Student Room Group

St Andrews A100 / Gateway 2020 Offer Holders

Welcome to the University of St Andrews Medicine (A100 / Gateway / A990) 2020 Offer Holders.

For general information click: https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/subjects/medicine/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Who thinks they’re going to firm St. Andrews?
Original post by Fezza101

I’m really not sure, I’m not 100% wether I want to do an extra year seen as I already took a gap year

I'm seriously considering it! It was such a welcoming environment when I visited and I've slightly fallen head-over-heels with the place. What about you?
Original post by beatriceaj71
I'm seriously considering it! It was such a welcoming environment when I visited and I've slightly fallen head-over-heels with the place. What about you?

I’m seriously considering it too, my only criticism would be the fact that it’s really small and not that diverse. But the course itself seems amazing !
Reply 5

I think I'm going to yeah! I was so excited to get an offer because StA offers my favourite medicine course out of all the unis I applied to and I loved it when I visited.
Original post by lcbc
I think I'm going to yeah! I was so excited to get an offer because StA offers my favourite medicine course out of all the unis I applied to and I loved it when I visited.

That’s great ! Well done on getting an offer.
I’m seriously considering it too, my only criticism would be the fact that it’s really small and not that diverse. But the course itself seems amazing !

Yeah I think that the teaching will be amazing, but coming from a city, and being someone who likes living in cities, idk about living in a small town. I did really like the university atmosphere when I went to the open day so I'm a bit unsure, but I think I'd really like to go there.
Original post by Oscarsk123
Yeah I think that the teaching will be amazing, but coming from a city, and being someone who likes living in cities, idk about living in a small town. I did really like the university atmosphere when I went to the open day so I'm a bit unsure, but I think I'd really like to go there.

Yeah same! At least it’s only 3 yrs so it’s (kinda) doable.
Reply 9

I feel the same way, but I’m from a small town and am not sure about living somewhere as small for another three years, especially as a student. I did love it and the uni though.
Yeah same! At least it’s only 3 yrs so it’s (kinda) doable.

Yeah and I guess it might be good to experience it. There are also buses to Dundee and edinburgh if we're really missing the city too.
I’m not sure about firming it as it is so far from where I am and also it’s super small and I’m not sure whether I’d like that. Especially with being so sporty i feel like that side is lacking. Any advice?
Yeah and I guess it might be good to experience it. There are also buses to Dundee and edinburgh if we're really missing the city too.

Exactly! I think I’ve made my decision to firm it.
Reply 13
I received my offer on Friday and was just wondering if anyone else's portal had updated yet as mine still says pending decision?
Original post by Yasmin bennett
I received my offer on Friday and was just wondering if anyone else's portal had updated yet as mine still says pending decision?

Mine hasn't updated yet either, although I received an email from the university about my offer this morning, so I expect it might update in the next few days.
Reply 15
Original post by Cuckcoo
Mine hasn't updated yet either, although I received an email from the university about my offer this morning, so I expect it might update in the next few days.

I havent received anything since track updated not even from the university
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Yasmin bennett
I havent received anything since track updated not even from the university

I wouldn't worry about it too much as it has updated on track you definitely have an offer to study there. Sometimes the systems are just a bit slow. The email basically explained the terms and conditions of the offer and that they would be posting a welcome pack to you. So I would look out for that in the post over the couple of weeks.
Reply 17
Original post by Cuckcoo
I wouldn't worry about it too much as it has updated on track you definitely have an offer to study there. Sometimes the systems are just a bit slow. The email basically explained the terms and conditions of the offer and that they would be posting a welcome pack to you. So I would look out for that in the post over the couple of weeks.

I just received my email thank you!
I just received my email, but I says I’m starting year 2 of four? Do you think it’s a mistake? 4B62FA89-E76E-488C-9AC9-401881331858.png
I just received my email, but I says I’m starting year 2 of four? Do you think it’s a mistake?

Mine says the same thing, I'm fairly certain that it isn't a mistake. Most degrees at St Andrews are four years and (from my limited understanding) the gateway program is essentially year one, as the A100 course only involves 3 years at St Andrews you enter into second year (technically).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending