The Student Room Group

Is this sexual assault

If a girl lays face down and a guy sits on top of her plays with her butt and she laughs but doesn’t say no or to stop ?
No?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
No?

How come ?
If this were sexual assault then most boyfriends messing with their girlfriend's butts would be in deep trouble... :P

You don't need to explicitly say 'yes' to have consent, it can be assumed from their reaction. e.g. laughing
Reply 4
Original post by CTLeafez
If this were sexual assault then most boyfriends messing with their girlfriend's butts would be in deep trouble... :P

You don't need to explicitly say 'yes' to have consent, it can be assumed from their reaction. e.g. laughing

What about if the person seems to fall asleep when the guy is on top of her playing with her butt ?
Original post by Waltjr456
What about if the person seems to fall asleep when the guy is on top of her playing with her butt ?

If you're genuinely confused about consent then watch this classic video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZwvrxVavnQ

If you're uncertain, it's best to make sure they're conscious and want to be taking part in what's going on.
Reply 7
Original post by CTLeafez
If you're genuinely confused about consent then watch this classic video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZwvrxVavnQ

Yeah can you answer my falling asleep part ?
If the girl didn't give any indication she didn't like it, indeed indicating the opposite by laughing, and didn't ask him to stop then I don't think it's assault. I think if you are in a relationship then you don't need to ask for consent on everything, you kinda know what's ok and the other person should say if they dont like it. I'm a girl and I can see it would be stupid for a guy to keep asking for consent to make a move or make the next move

If someone is asleep or otherwise unconscious then it's best not to continue physically touching them. Consent is withdrawn when you're not conscious

Laughing and falling asleep at the same time??
By the sounds of it, I don't think it is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending