The Student Room Group

How strict are you’re parents

On a scale 1-10 how strict are you’re parents?

Scroll to see replies

4/10
8/10 if it wasn’t for my constant arguing I wouldn’t be able to have screen time on weekdays
Reply 3
Under the virus, 10/10. They require me to wear my shoes outside home, wash hands every 30 minutes and to complete work exceeding the typical amount for a school day.
Reply 4
Original post by smurfontheseboys
4/10

What makes you say 4? ☺️
Reply 5
Original post by PotatoFruit
8/10 if it wasn’t for my constant arguing I wouldn’t be able to have screen time on weekdays

Whats the most ‘freedom’ you get?
Reply 6
Original post by 8013
Under the virus, 10/10. They require me to wear my shoes outside home, wash hands every 30 minutes and to complete work exceeding the typical amount for a school day.

I have NEVER heard anything like it. Are you serious? Whats the most you can do... 😬
Strict enough to spot the difference between you're and your. :tongue:
Original post by Prx1
What makes you say 4? ☺️

My mom usually respects me since im older now. Like does check my phone/comes into my room. I can go out. Balanced. But not 2 much privileges
Reply 9
Original post by 04MR17
Strict enough to spot the difference between you're and your. :tongue:

my bad 🤦🏻*♀️😂
Reply 10
My mom usually respects me since im older now. Like does check my phone/comes into my room. I can go out. Balanced. But not 2 much privileges

Checks you’re phone? How old are you if you don’t mind me asking... and would you use these parenting skills on you’re own children one day?
Now that I've kinda moved out/at uni?
1/10
I get occasional reminders to brush my teeth properly.

When I was at home?
3/10.
Very relaxed generally, but swearing was a no-no and there were more rules when I was younger which gradually got relaxed.
Reply 12
Original post by 04MR17
Now that I've kinda moved out/at uni?
1/10
I get occasional reminders to brush my teeth properly.

When I was at home?
3/10.
Very relaxed generally, but swearing was a no-no and there were more rules when I was younger which gradually got relaxed.

You’re lucky but do you think having strict parents would have made you A different person today?
Original post by Prx1
Checks you’re phone? How old are you if you don’t mind me asking... and would you use these parenting skills on you’re own children one day?

Idk thb. Maybe if they are starting to go out a lot and im unaware of who theyre talkinh 2 id install something. Internets a mad place
Reply 14

Idk thb. Maybe if they are starting to go out a lot and im unaware of who theyre talkinh 2 id install something. Internets a mad place

I guess its not too bad then and haha sounds like a good backup plan! I have finally moved out for uni but tbh i do miss my parents. :frown:
3/4 They've let me do whatever I've wanted since I can remember. I can remember playing my ps3 between matches of COD while revising for my GCSE Physics exam the day after (around 10-11pm). I base this level on freedom on the fact that they trust me completely and respect that the decisions I'll make will be for my best interests. I never betray their trust by doing stupid things, and everything I do, I can tell my parents. If I get shouted at (very rarely) it'd be because I stepped outsides the realms of my own principles.

I honestly couldn't have hoped for better parents :smile:
Original post by Prx1
You’re lucky but do you think having strict parents would have made you A different person today?

Undoubtedly, to be fair to parents though, you don't get given an instruction manual with your new baby. Often parenting is done modeled from what they felt was good about their upbringing, and sometimes this can be very ineffective in the present day. And the situations children end up in is very much as a result of their own choices too, not just parental influences.

It's very easy to sit here on a keyboard and parent-bash but I'll be quite surprised if there's many people here who weren't at some point in their lives thankful to have a Mum or a Dad.
Reply 17
Original post by 04MR17
Undoubtedly, to be fair to parents though, you don't get given an instruction manual with your new baby. Often parenting is done modeled from what they felt was good about their upbringing, and sometimes this can be very ineffective in the present day. And the situations children end up in is very much as a result of their own choices too, not just parental influences.

It's very easy to sit here on a keyboard and parent-bash but I'll be quite surprised if there's many people here who weren't at some point in their lives thankful to have a Mum or a Dad.

That’s a touching message, thankyou! Tbh i miss my parents right now as i’ve moved away for uni... it really does hit you after a while.
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous
3/4 They've let me do whatever I've wanted since I can remember. I can remember playing my ps3 between matches of COD while revising for my GCSE Physics exam the day after (around 10-11pm). I base this level on freedom on the fact that they trust me completely and respect that the decisions I'll make will be for my best interests. I never betray their trust by doing stupid things, and everything I do, I can tell my parents. If I get shouted at (very rarely) it'd be because I stepped outsides the realms of my own principles.

I honestly couldn't have hoped for better parents :smile:

Awww! That’s really sweet! Great parenting is important and i can see the balance of being firm but loving makes alot of sense. ❤️
Original post by Prx1
I guess its not too bad then and haha sounds like a good backup plan! I have finally moved out for uni but tbh i do miss my parents. :frown:

I cant wait for uni tbh. Freedom, experience ect

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending