The Student Room Group

Liverpool A101 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WannaBeMedic1997
Did they email or on UCAS? Haven’t heard anything yet so keeping my fingers crossed at the moment!

got it through on email! Make sure to check your junk mail!
Thank you, nothing there yet, definitely going to be checking all day tomorrow! Do you mind me asking what score you got in the gamsat?
67 by some crazy stroke of luck, I really hope you get something through soon ☀️
Thank you, nothing there yet, definitely going to be checking all day tomorrow! Do you mind me asking what score you got in the gamsat?

Fingers crossed for you! I got 58 and a masters but I’m not sure if that counts for anything or not!
Thank you! Oh wow, congratulations to you both :smile: I got 59 and I’m mid way through a masters but we’ll see, my a-levels were a bit pants but I don’t know how much they use them now
Thank you! Oh wow, congratulations to you both :smile: I got 59 and I’m mid way through a masters but we’ll see, my a-levels were a bit pants but I don’t know how much they use them now

Well done that’s great stats! I honestly don’t know what liverpool really go off when choosing people for interview, I think it’s a combination of lots of things (i also applied last year and I’ve been a student here for four years and I’m still pretty clueless 😂) fingers crossed for you though!
Hey all! I'm a currently studying at grad-entry at Liverpool, I have been doing it for a whole 5 months, (started Aug 2019). If you have any questions, feel free to quote and I'll get back to you as soon as possible :biggrin:

(Not gonna tell you what interview questions are, I don't want to get kicked off the course :wink: )
Original post by Chilledice
Hey all! I'm a currently studying at grad-entry at Liverpool, I have been doing it for a whole 5 months, (started Aug 2019). If you have any questions, feel free to quote and I'll get back to you as soon as possible :biggrin:

(Not gonna tell you what interview questions are, I don't want to get kicked off the course :wink: )

How did you find starting straight away with the second year medics in terms of learning the first year of content by yourself? Would you recommend doing any pre reading beforehand?
Original post by 20HE0995
How did you find starting straight away with the second year medics in terms of learning the first year of content by yourself? Would you recommend doing any pre reading beforehand?

Joining the people on the second year "undergrad" path has been great! It's definitely a bit nerve-wracking to go from a small summer school to a cohort of 300, but they're enthusiastic and bring a lot of energy to small group and clinical skills sessions. The grad-only teaching means that you're just about able to keep up with them, but it does sometimes feel like they've had a head-start (which is true!)

There's a summer school reading list that gets sent out ahead of starting in August, I did some reading out of pure excitement, but in all honesty, I don't think it's worth it. Until you get on the course and start to understand the shape of what you need to know, it's easy to waste your time studying something irrelevant! I'd recommend that if you wanted to do pre-reading, to have a look at the GMC stuff on what is expected of a student doctor!

What resources did you use to prepare for the interview?!
Original post by hlocharl
What resources did you use to prepare for the interview?!

Lee and Picard's book of medical school interview questions is the "gold standard" for good reason. I'd recommend having a read of this, not to rote-learn the answers but to understand the thought process you're expected to have. You want to come across as considerate, knowledgeable and understanding of the pressures on doctors today.

I sound like a broken record, but read the stuff from the GMC and medical schools council on what selection criteria medical schools should use! Liverpool base their questions on this advice, so you won't go far wrong from understanding them!
Lee and Picard's book of medical school interview questions is the "gold standard" for good reason. I'd recommend having a read of this, not to rote-learn the answers but to understand the thought process you're expected to have. You want to come across as considerate, knowledgeable and understanding of the pressures on doctors today.

I sound like a broken record, but read the stuff from the GMC and medical schools council on what selection criteria medical schools should use! Liverpool base their questions on this advice, so you won't go far wrong from understanding them!

Ah thank you so much for that!
Does anyone know roughly how long the interview takes? I’m trying to figure out travel
Original post by March1994bieber
Does anyone know roughly how long the interview takes? I’m trying to figure out travel

On the relevant information document, it says allow for 2 and a half hours total
Reply 34
Had my interview today, hope everyone else’s went ok! Does anyone know exactly how many people they interview? And am I right in thinking there are ~30 places for grads?
Original post by KateS85
Had my interview today, hope everyone else’s went ok! Does anyone know exactly how many people they interview? And am I right in thinking there are ~30 places for grads?

135 people were interviewed for 2019 entry (339 applications) but I'm not sure how many offers were made
Reply 36
Original post by gemedicine100
135 people were interviewed for 2019 entry (339 applications) but I'm not sure how many offers were made

Thanks. Not great odds then if there are only around 30 places!
Did anyone else get a random “you got an interview so here’s a link to accommodation” email? Nearly jumped out of my skin as I assumed it would be radio silence until they start sending offers...
Reply 38
I also received one, it was definitely random.
Hi Chilledice

I wondered if you would mind sharing a rough idea of the A101 timetable over the first year? And if you know how that changes through the course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending