The Student Room Group

Friend not treating me right

My friend keeps shouting at me all the time or getting mad over minor things and Im seriously sick of it. Basically on monday I was saying to him I dont understand why people choose not to drive but he was getting all angry, he was saying "some people dont ****ing need to, some people cant ****ing afford it", which I get but I was just having a convosation with him, I dont know why he can just say it nicely. He just makes small things into a big argument all the time similar to what ive said above. Today weve just been back from Costa drive thru for lunch, I messaged him yesturday saying well get food from costa and drinks so he agrees. He picks me up from my house and we go costa drive thru, get there, he orders the drinks, Im reminding him about the food quietly because hes talking to the guy taking the order My friend just orders the drinks, drives to the next window to pick them up so I say to him that hes forgot the food but he getts all mad an says "you shouldve ****ing told about the food", I did message him and tell him quitely when he was ordering. It was his fault forgetting the food but hes getting mad at me, I clearly said twice we are getting food. This is not all today what hes done, he has also admitted to saying stuff behind my back about me. Yesturday my friend went out to the cinema with another friend from our friendship group but I didnt because I dont really watch films or like them but I say next time you go cinema Ill come just to hang out with yous plus I can watch the film, then my friend getts angry again saying "if you you dont acknoledge whats ****ing going on in the film theres no point you ****ing coming" that might be true but why cant he just say it calmly. Today my friend has also admitted to saying bad stuff behind my back when he went cinema with out other friend yesturday, I just asked him if hes said stuff behind my back just checking, expecting him to say no but he says yes we have said stuff about you, I ask him if it was anything bad, it couldve been good stuff about me but no he says "It was bad what we said", at this point im shocked thinking is he actually serious. My friend also refuses what he has said about me, he says that I can try getting out of my other friend but I wont me getting it out of him, Im honestly shocked that hes said stuff about me behind my back, I thought I could trust him, hes meant to be my friend. When we get to my house to eat our food he also keeps lectering me on how I need to get a job, do stuff myself etc.

I just sick of being treated like this. Ive supoorted him Ive given him free beers, Ive let him to my house several, Ive helped him when he was having beef with my other mates, I let him come to a famliy party. He still treats me like this and also he priotises his other mates over me when me alone has probably done more than the lot of them put together. I have spoken to these other mates he has but they arent good people at all, I infact hate them but my friend still talks to them.

Im just thinking what should I do about this friendship. Does anyone have any ideas?
i don't think you should be his friend anymore because he clearly doesn't value you and kind of uses you. Also he shouldn't be shouting at you or treating you like that. That's just wrong.
Reply 2
Original post by ilickcupcakes
i don't think you should be his friend anymore because he clearly doesn't value you and kind of uses you. Also he shouldn't be shouting at you or treating you like that. That's just wrong.

I know he just always does it
so can't you just stop being friends with him???
Reply 4
so can't you just stop being friends with him???

I just dont know if im over reacting also he lives literally 5 mins away from me so its going to be awkward bumping into each other also weve tried falling out but it just ends up as making friends again, I dont know how
maybe talk to him about why he's so angry with you.
Reply 6
maybe talk to him about why he's so angry with you.

He just says I piss him off but he does this sit to other people as well
Original post by Anonymous
My friend keeps shouting at me all the time or getting mad over minor things and Im seriously sick of it. Basically on monday I was saying to him I dont understand why people choose not to drive but he was getting all angry, he was saying "some people dont ****ing need to, some people cant ****ing afford it", which I get but I was just having a convosation with him, I dont know why he can just say it nicely. He just makes small things into a big argument all the time similar to what ive said above. Today weve just been back from Costa drive thru for lunch, I messaged him yesturday saying well get food from costa and drinks so he agrees. He picks me up from my house and we go costa drive thru, get there, he orders the drinks, Im reminding him about the food quietly because hes talking to the guy taking the order My friend just orders the drinks, drives to the next window to pick them up so I say to him that hes forgot the food but he getts all mad an says "you shouldve ****ing told about the food", I did message him and tell him quitely when he was ordering. It was his fault forgetting the food but hes getting mad at me, I clearly said twice we are getting food. This is not all today what hes done, he has also admitted to saying stuff behind my back about me. Yesturday my friend went out to the cinema with another friend from our friendship group but I didnt because I dont really watch films or like them but I say next time you go cinema Ill come just to hang out with yous plus I can watch the film, then my friend getts angry again saying "if you you dont acknoledge whats ****ing going on in the film theres no point you ****ing coming" that might be true but why cant he just say it calmly. Today my friend has also admitted to saying bad stuff behind my back when he went cinema with out other friend yesturday, I just asked him if hes said stuff behind my back just checking, expecting him to say no but he says yes we have said stuff about you, I ask him if it was anything bad, it couldve been good stuff about me but no he says "It was bad what we said", at this point im shocked thinking is he actually serious. My friend also refuses what he has said about me, he says that I can try getting out of my other friend but I wont me getting it out of him, Im honestly shocked that hes said stuff about me behind my back, I thought I could trust him, hes meant to be my friend. When we get to my house to eat our food he also keeps lectering me on how I need to get a job, do stuff myself etc.

I just sick of being treated like this. Ive supoorted him Ive given him free beers, Ive let him to my house several, Ive helped him when he was having beef with my other mates, I let him come to a famliy party. He still treats me like this and also he priotises his other mates over me when me alone has probably done more than the lot of them put together. I have spoken to these other mates he has but they arent good people at all, I infact hate them but my friend still talks to them.

Im just thinking what should I do about this friendship. Does anyone have any ideas?

i would slowly distance urself away from him, don’t be like “we’re not friends anymore” because as u said that will be rlly awkward if you see him, i would stop texting first or asking to hang out and see if he actually cares. honestly he doesn’t sound like the nicest person, and also what’s w all the swearing? some people can’t talk like normal people and have to use ‘fcking’ in every sentence lmao
anyways i suggest distancing urself from him and also be careful who u talk to about him bc (as i found out the hard way) as soon as u do that u become the bad guy and they’ll just use that against u.
i hope u manage to drop him the little piece of sh1t <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending