The Student Room Group

Help with Police Application Form

Hi there! I'm currently filling out my police application form, and there is one question I'm not sure how to answer.

'If you are a Commonwealth citizen or other
foreign national, is your stay in the UK free of restrictions?'

I'm free from restrictions because I'm a British citizen, it's a yes or no question and I'm just a little confused which box to tick, since I have no other options. I've stated in the box above it that I'm a British national.

Also, I don't have a valid passport, will this affect my application?

Many thanks!unknown.png
(edited 4 years ago)
I would put no because you are not a commonwelath citizen you are a british citizen there should be a box with a question mark that clarifies or another question asking if you are a british citizen. Which force ?
Reply 2
Original post by redleader1
I would put no because you are not a commonwelath citizen you are a british citizen there should be a box with a question mark that clarifies or another question asking if you are a british citizen. Which force ?

Norfolk Constabulary, I'll try and attach a picture of the questions to the post to better show what I mean.
Reply 3
Original post by redleader1

unknown.png
Original post by Bumble_b33
unknown.png

I think thats just for commonwealth citizens. You might be able to leave it blank however I would contact HR to be on the safe side.
Reply 5
My mum works in HR for the Police. She said as you’ve said you’re British you shouldn’t have to answer the other 2 questions as they are for people who aren’t British. You will have to prove that you have the right to live and work in the UK though so if you don’t have a passport you’ll need your birth certificate or driving licence or other formal ID. Hope this helps!
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending