The Student Room Group

Can't get rid of "foggy head" ANY TIPS?

Hi! I am trying to study and I can't seem to get rid of foggy head when I do exams or when I study so it puts me off. I've already had a 21 hour sleep and it has done nothing for me. Me room is as decluttered as I can do it but I still can't get rid of it. I have been dealing with it for so long and I don't want it to get in the way of my exams AGAIN like it did for GCSEs because that was super depressing. My IB exams are in 12 weeks and I don't know what to do. I don't really need extra time because it is just more time to panic rather than more time to fix my mistakes. And nothing seems to help. Does anybody have any ideas aside from going to the GP (they tried to refer me to a therapy place but they still haven't answered after months so).

My teachers aren't great and to be honest aren't very nice either so I wouldn't want to go to any of them either. I've had so many breakdowns at school so it clearly is in my own hands to do something about it. But I am stuck, Google is now useless.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I am trying to study and I can't seem to get rid of foggy head when I do exams or when I study so it puts me off. I've already had a 21 hour sleep and it has done nothing for me. Me room is as decluttered as I can do it but I still can't get rid of it. I have been dealing with it for so long and I don't want it to get in the way of my exams AGAIN like it did for GCSEs because that was super depressing. My IB exams are in 12 weeks and I don't know what to do. I don't really need extra time because it is just more time to panic rather than more time to fix my mistakes. And nothing seems to help. Does anybody have any ideas aside from going to the GP (they tried to refer me to a therapy place but they still haven't answered after months so).

My teachers aren't great and to be honest aren't very nice either so I wouldn't want to go to any of them either. I've had so many breakdowns at school so it clearly is in my own hands to do something about it. But I am stuck, Google is now useless.

:undefined:console 21 hour sleep does sound like a long time to be sleeping. If the gp ism't listening to you, you could always bring a parent/trusted adult in with you to the gp to help back you up.
When you went to the gp did they get the nurse to do a blood test to see if you're deficient in anything? (look up iron deficiency, vitamin d deficiency, underactive thyroid - just to check if you have any symotoms) with the weather it is atm it certainly is possible you could be deficient in something which can cause brain fog. Another option could be the walk in clinic to see what they'd recommend.
Reply 2
Original post by Chronoscope
:undefined:console
21 hour sleep does sound like a long time to be sleeping. If the gp ism't listening to you, you could always bring a parent/trusted adult in with you to the gp to help back you up.
When you went to the gp did they get the nurse to do a blood test to see if you're deficient in anything? (look up iron deficiency, vitamin d deficiency, underactive thyroid - just to check if you have any symotoms) with the weather it is atm it certainly is possible you could be deficient in something which can cause brain fog. Another option could be the walk in clinic to see what they'd recommend.
Yeah, I have a lot of burning out issues, I do have a deficiency but it was only a tiny bit low and it was only really vitamin d apparently. But It didn't come back to much. And even with a GP there wasn't much difference. I just struggle to get up sometimes and focus. It is just stressing me out because I want to go to uni with grades I am happy with you know. Thank you for responding BTW!

Quick Reply

Latest