The Student Room Group

Anyone used berroca tablets for energy boost?

I’ve started taking it with water had it twice now and cant say I’ve felt more energised.. I took it yesterday and felt sleepy at 5pm.. so not sure it works. I’m tempted to try proplus tbh, I just need more hours in my day so I can do what I need to do, I’m the type of person that needs 10hrs sleep per night but usually gets 5.
Original post by ThuggerThugger
I’ve started taking it with water had it twice now and cant say I’ve felt more energised.. I took it yesterday and felt sleepy at 5pm.. so not sure it works. I’m tempted to try proplus tbh, I just need more hours in my day so I can do what I need to do, I’m the type of person that needs 10hrs sleep per night but usually gets 5.

Prioritise everything you need to do and write it down in that order, perhaps speak to your doctor incase you have a vitamin deficiency but proplus isn't something you should consider long term.

Berroca are just an expensive way to get a few vitamins in - basically you will get expensive wee.

If you are eating a balanced diet you won't need these snake oil tablets
Original post by claireestelle
proplus isn't something you should consider long term.
Why? my mate said it got him through uni and he occasionally takes it when he needs a boost. You could be right about the vitamin deficiency tbh, I’ve started eating things like marmite for this reason as this is what I suspected.
Why? my mate said it got him through uni and he occasionally takes it when he needs a boost. You could be right about the vitamin deficiency tbh, I’ve started eating things like marmite for this reason as this is what I suspected.

you could either get addicted to caffeine or be putting your heart rate up too often with it like I did.
Reply 5

If this is more of a long term thing than a few days to cram for a test or something it would be a good idea to go see your GP. Not having enough energy a lot of the time could suggest there's other factors going on like vitamin deficiencies etc and your GP is far better equipped to help with that than a tube of berocca or packet of pro plus tablets. Realistically the best they are going to do is mask the issue for a bit and drain your wallet. And they could even end up giving you more issues cos they aren't really designed for long term use (especially pro plus).

You say you don't get much sleep too? Like 5 hours? I know it's hard to fit in all you need to get done and sleep, but you should really try to increase how much you sleep. Your body needs it and what you do manage to get done isn't going to be as good as if you've had some sleep. Our brains don't function well with too little sleep and you're going to be using up more energy and brain power trying to fight through tiredness.

Also in general it helps to drink enough fluids, eat well, get some fresh air, move about a bit and blah blah blah. Not in a "water cures all problems" magic home remedy kinda sense, but just in the sense that it gives you a good foundation. Any issues you have going on are going to be made way worse if you're low on fluids too.

Quick Reply

Latest