Watch
geek84
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi Folks

Do any of you hate driving?

I think there is a government campaign to encouarge people to use public transport more often. Do you know much about it or are you involved in the campaign in any way?

Thanks
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by geek84)
Hi Folks

I think there is a government campaign to encouarge people to use public transport more often. Do you know much about it or are you involved in the campaign in any way?

Thanks
I dislike driving around in city centres because of the constant stop-start traffic, but that's about it :dontknow: Much easier to take public transport in big cities.
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Folks

Thanks
For as long as i've been alive there's a general 'yay mass transit, boo car!' campaign of some sort.

The effects are generally somewhat chaotic, different councils and governments will have different priorities and bylaws (congestion zones, emissions zones, parking provisions, bus lanes ect)

The same arguments tend to get made that public transport varies wildly in quality and cost across the country and people have a variety of needs.

In my case I need to commute from Glasgow to Edinburgh, over the last few years the train services has got less reliable and more expensive so i'l need to drive or be kicked off my course/miss exams, it would be the same for work.
Last edited by StriderHort; 1 month ago
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Folks

Thanks
My mum hates driving, so hasn't for over 30 years. It made her so nervous that she just never developed her confidence. Luckily we don't live in a public transport black spot, so she's able to get around if my dad or I can't drive her.
ThuggerThugger
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t enjoy it either and looking for ways to drive less. I find it boring and a constant battle tbh, and not one Im interested in fighting.
AH-64 APACHE
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No one here enjoys driving because the highways agency is perhaps the worst organisation in the world who value taxpayer money and speeding fines in their pockets more than lives. Take a McLaren on a track THEN tell me you don't enjoy driving.
The money we pay to be in the roads rarely goes back into them in the UK, Most of it goes to ****ty half finished railways and busses that bump into everyrhing, or speed cameras and bumps in pothole infested roads.
Most people don't haye *driving* they hate commuting because the government doesn't care about ordinary people, they want us all sat in a puddle of sick on public transport.
999QR
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Folks

Thanks
I love driving
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads