The Student Room Group

Caught by Traffic Camera?

Hi,

So last night I'm not sure if I was flashed by a traffic camera. I went through just as they turned red. Firstly, yes I was in the wrong but there was a car tailing me and if I stopped there would be an accident.

When done this there was a double flash about a second after I crossed the line, but I went back this morning and there are no cameras on those lights at all.

Do you think it may have been someone behind me flashing me to get lary?
The likelihood is that if you went through it when it had turned red, and it flashed, you will be prosecuted.
However if you went through it when amber you may well be okay.
Reply 2
The camera must have removed immediately prior to you visiting the next day.
Original post by maeger
The camera must have removed immediately prior to you visiting the next day.

I have it on good authority that they also remove all related signage under cover of darkness. It is all replaced soon after the offender revisits the scene and convinces themselves that they are in the clear. Cunning.
Firstly... are you sure there’s even a camera in that location?
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
I have it on good authority that they also remove all related signage under cover of darkness. It is all replaced soon after the offender revisits the scene and convinces themselves that they are in the clear. Cunning.

I have it on good authority that the Home Office have found a way to cover the camera and signage with temporary invisible ink.
Original post by IWMTom
I have it on good authority that the Home Office have found a way to cover the camera and signage with temporary invisible ink.

Joke’s on them. I carry several bags of flour in the boot. Any time I think I see a flash, I reverse back through the lights and start flinging it about, revealing any hidden cameras. Then I know a letter is coming. *taps temple*
Reply 7
Original post by Admit-One
Joke’s on them. I carry several bags of flour in the boot. Any time I think I see a flash, I reverse back through the lights and start flinging it about, revealing any hidden cameras. Then I know a letter is coming. *taps temple*

Unless the ink makes the flour invisible too. They've thought of everything!
I have it on good authority.
Can you give us the street view link of the area?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending