The Student Room Group

is kissing cheating?

i know that it obviously is classified as cheating. but is it okay to forgive someone for having kissed another person? is it really that malicious?

Scroll to see replies

I don't class it as cheating and I've kissed other people loads of times in a relationship
Reply 2
it's not cheating.
Of course it is cheating... hun.

That is the ultimate betrayal.
Well it's not loyalty. Forgive whatever you want though *shrug*
I think it's cheating, personally.
Though I also believe in second chances.
Depends on the kiss - a peck on the cheek? Probably not. Full on making out? Yes.
It’s definitely cheating, whether it’s forgivable is a personal view. Personally if my partner got drunk and kissed somebody I would forgive them if I believed they regretted it as I don’t think it’s a particularly big deal.
Kissing, hugging or talking to other people without bf/gf/partner/spouse's permission is not "cheating".
It wouldn't be adultery or unreasonable behaviour for married people/those in civil partnerships either.

I will never understand the widespread social attitude that conflates the exclusivity, roles and commitment of casual relationships with that of marriage/civil partnerships.
I dont think it is cheating providing it was a quick kiss.
Anything else eg snogging, I would definitely class as cheating.
Original post by londonmyst
I will never understand the widespread social attitude that conflates the exclusivity, roles and commitment of casual relationships with that of marriage/civil partnerships.

How many people will admit their relationship is casual at the time though?
Original post by Karisa96
I dont think it is cheating providing it was a quick kiss.
Anything else eg snogging, I would definitely class as cheating.

Don't you think it strange that you base whether it was cheating or not by timescale? It just seems odd to me.
Original post by StriderHort
How many people will admit their relationship is casual at the time though?

I always tell whoever I'm with that our interactions are purely casual.
Reply 13
My married friend kisses me on the lips when we say goodbye, but that's because she loves me just not in the same way as she loves her husband. Not sure he thinks its cheating when she does.

:biggrin:
Different matter if everyone knows where they stand, plenty don't.
Different levels of intimacy
Original post by Sataris
Different levels of intimacy

But you can kiss and have sex with someone and have no feelings for them whatsoever. So I get that when people say it didn't mean anything, they're telling the truth
Right, but for some people cheating includes emotional intimacy and physical intimacy with another person
Depends on who you kissed and why you kissed them
I think you are right about it being based on whether or not its cheating or just a harmless kiss, what timescale is there like.
Do you think this person cheats on her or his partner and won't admit it ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending