The Student Room Group

Any questions for me? I’m Italian

Please feel free to ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

Do you speak your own language fluently? :smile:

How many other (and what other) languages can you speak?
What's your favourite Italian dish?
Do you like italian food? Do you have it often?
Reply 4
Yes, sure. I live in Italy and I’ve always lived here. I can speak English, Spanish, German, and Latin (ancient language that is not spoken anymore but who cares)
Reply 5
Original post by MidgetFever
What's your favourite Italian dish?

I LOVE every dish, I haven’t got a favourite one. But I think I’ll go with pasta or pizza, as the stereotype states
Reply 6
Original post by yzanne
Do you like italian food? Do you have it often?

I love it, trust me, it’s the best in the world. I mean, I’ve travelled a lot and I visited so many countries but I haven’t eaten nowhere how I eat here. I’m Italian so I have it everyday
Where abouts in Italy do you live?
Do you live in the north of the country or the south?
Original post by Anonymous
I love it, trust me, it’s the best in the world. I mean, I’ve travelled a lot and I visited so many countries but I haven’t eaten nowhere how I eat here. I’m Italian so I have it everyday

what r ur academic stats?
Um how do you say pepperoni in Italian?
Original post by Karisa96
Where abouts in Italy do you live?
Do you live in the north of the country or the south?

I live in Parma, Emilia Romagna, so in the north
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Um how do you say pepperoni in Italian?

We say “salame piccante”, which would be spicy salame. But when “salame piccante” is on pizza, you just simply say “pizza alla diavola”, which means devil, metaphor for spicy, pizza ahaha
Italians have style, as do most French people. British people in general with some exceptions are a sartorial disgrace and our high street clothing retailers a national style shame. How can we change this?
Original post by barnetlad
Italians have style, as do most French people. British people in general with some exceptions are a sartorial disgrace and our high street clothing retailers a national style shame. How can we change this?

Just pair stuff with a certain color, with other stuff with the same colour or something that gets along with it. Let me explain: you don’t Versace/Gucci/D&G/... clothes to be stylish. We NEVER pair black with blue —> not stylish. We never pair brown with any “light” colour. But, for example black and white/red is okay. As well as white with light pink is okay. Just wear a pair of jeans with a one colour t-shirt, white is okay and a pair of shoes that matches with your t-shirt. If it’s not clear, I can make other examples.
Original post by Frafiglio
We say “salame piccante”, which would be spicy salame. But when “salame piccante” is on pizza, you just simply say “pizza alla diavola”, which means devil, metaphor for spicy, pizza ahaha

I was joking.
Original post by barnetlad

The chic Frenchman looks like the chic Brit....the average Frenchman dresses like the average Englishman....look on my profile page....there are two gif images of French people...they literally look British...what style is it that you talk about? Hope you're not talking about high end fashion runway and Vogue and magazines...while that's exactly how models look and dress worldwide...it certainly doesn't represent the average French person's fashion sense.....
what do you think of italian americans
is this sort of thing just confusing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRgdaaaf3Vg
Original post by steamed-hams
what do you think of italian americans
is this sort of thing just confusing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRgdaaaf3Vg

What do you mean with “Italian Americans”?
Anyway, regarding the video these stereotypes I have to admit there are all almost true. I mean, there were certain things that where incorrect, such as pasta with meatballs, HERE IT DOESN’T EXISIT, and neither Dominos exists. But they were all based on true facts! I must admit it.😂
Original post by Frafiglio
What do you mean with “Italian Americans”?
Anyway, regarding the video these stereotypes I have to admit there are all almost true. I mean, there were certain things that where incorrect, such as pasta with meatballs, HERE IT DOESN’T EXISIT, and neither Dominos exists. But they were all based on true facts! I must admit it.😂

people who live in new york/new jersey who are descendent of italian immigrants. they say theyre italian but don't speak it and seem to have a warped view of real italy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxXTCrXFRK0
(edited 4 years ago)
Please feel free to ask me anything

How old are you? and How did you manage to learn all of these languages xd ?
Yes, sure. I live in Italy and I’ve always lived here. I can speak English, Spanish, German, and Latin (ancient language that is not spoken anymore but who cares)

Does this 2-3 mins video trigger you: https://youtu.be/5appRbJrd9o

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending