The Student Room Group

Any questions for me? I’m Italian

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Please feel free to ask me anything

What is the best time to visit Italy and which is one place we shouldn't miss eating at?
Please feel free to ask me anything

How difficult it is to understand Latin with Italian as mother tongue? I think grammar is very similar?
Original post by steamed-hams
people who live in new york/new jersey who are descendent of italian immigrants. they say theyre italian but don't speak it and seem to have a warped view of real italy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxXTCrXFRK0

About that... as a descendent from Italian they are Italians but not Really Italians.. let me explain, we call them Italians of second/third/... generation. They do not have the same traditions as ours, their first language is English, so they are also called Italians Americans🙄 I like that they are proud to consider themselves Italians, but it’s not ENTIRELY true. On one hand it is, on the other not. If I were them, I would visit Italy a lot, I would learn the language and the culture ect....
How old are you? and How did you manage to learn all of these languages xd ?

I’m 19, in Italy English is mandatory from the primary school, so I started learning English at 5 y.o, then at 11 y.o it’s compulsory to add another language, and I chose Spanish. Then, at 14 you can add another one, or two, it is up to you, and there are so many choices: Russian, Chinese, French, old Greek... and I chose German and Latin
Original post by Kallisto
How difficult it is to understand Latin with Italian as mother tongue? I think grammar is very similar?

Yeah it’s actually not that difficult, I think that many Italians who don’t know Latin can understand it if they see it written, as well as Spanish. Of course, they would understand only the similar words, but it’s a start. So it wasn’t so difficult.
Original post by 1st superstar
Does this 2-3 mins video trigger you: https://youtu.be/5appRbJrd9o

Omg tell me you’re kidding. Does this even exist? Here NODOBY (and I mean it) would NEVER EVER use that machine. Plus, pizza is also awful
What country are you from?
Original post by awkwardshortguy
What country are you from?

Italy
Original post by Frafiglio
Italy

Why do football fans in your country hate black people so much?
Omg tell me you’re kidding. Does this even exist? Here NODOBY (and I mean it) would NEVER EVER use that machine. Plus, pizza is also awful

yeah it exists in Singapore lol are you the OP? i mean come on is that not real pizza? but yeah tbh it looks like vomit lol i ain't eating that nonsensical pizza shown in the video thin Italian or thin New York pizza is the way to go!!
How many women have you chatted up on the street?
Original post by awkwardshortguy
Why do football fans in your country hate black people so much?

Not only football fans I’m afraid... Look, in Italy there is a really big problem: immigration. I’m for immigration of course but many people are not, so they vote for political parties that want black people to return to their country, from where they escaped because of war. It’s a shame. So, I guess that’s it.
yeah it exists in Singapore lol are you the OP? i mean come on is that not real pizza? but yeah tbh it looks like vomit lol i ain't eating that nonsensical pizza shown in the video thin Italian or thin New York pizza is the way to go!!

Lol i agree
Original post by karelina
How many women have you chatted up on the street?

It’s not common to approach a girl on the street. But we’d rather have a little chat with her in a polite way and maybe something grows from there, who knows?
It’s very common to woo a girl or to approach her at the disco or in a bar
Yeah it’s actually not that difficult, I think that many Italians who don’t know Latin can understand it if they see it written, as well as Spanish. Of course, they would understand only the similar words, but it’s a start. So it wasn’t so difficult.

Are you proud of the popular Italian cuisine in other parts of the world? Do you like it when people appreciate Italian foods?
Original post by Kallisto
Are you proud of the popular Italian cuisine in other parts of the world? Do you like it when people appreciate Italian foods?

A LOT! Even though sometimes other countries make things up and call these dishes “Italian”. For example Spaghetti with Meatballs here don’t exist, it would be an offense to offer something like that. We do have spaghetti and we do have meatballs but we never mix them together. Another example is Hawaiian Pizza, I mean pizza with pineapple. I’ve been told it’s Italian but it’s not. It’s a blasphemy😂😂

But anyway, I’m really proud of that
A LOT! Even though sometimes other countries make things up and call these dishes “Italian”. For example Spaghetti with Meatballs here don’t exist, it would be an offense to offer something like that. We do have spaghetti and we do have meatballs but we never mix them together. Another example is Hawaiian Pizza, I mean pizza with pineapple. I’ve been told it’s Italian but it’s not. It’s a blasphemy😂😂

But anyway, I’m really proud of that

Had pasta and meatballs for dinner 🤭😥
Had pasta and meatballs for dinner 🤭😥

Advice from an Italian: first of all you eat pasta as the first dish, and than later, once you’ve finished your pasta, you eat meatballs, it all will taste so much better!
Advice from an Italian: first of all you eat pasta as the first dish, and than later, once you’ve finished your pasta, you eat meatballs, it all will taste so much better!

Nah I eat the two together
Do you like/support Salvini?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending