The Student Room Group

ARUP summer internships 2020

Hello, I did not find a sub for this and I thought it might be helpful. I applied for the Security Consultancy (Protective Intelligence) summer internship and was sent an email saying they were aiming to respond by the 29th, but did not receive anything by then. I also got an email saying my application was currently under review 2 weeks+ ago but nothing yet. Has anyone heard back or does anyone have any useful info about the application timeline? Thanks!
Reply 1
Got a couple of emails yesterday that they’re still reviewing applications. Must be a ton who applied this year!

I applied for the Business and Investor Advisory, Transport Planning, and Aviation Advisory internships.
Reply 2
Original post by eirab
Got a couple of emails yesterday that they’re still reviewing applications. Must be a ton who applied this year!

I applied for the Business and Investor Advisory, Transport Planning, and Aviation Advisory internships.

Hey, thank you for the response! I got the same email two days ago, saying they were trying to shortlist for interviews and it was difficult given the number of applications. Best of luck!
Reply 3
Original post by eirab

Hello, just to let you know I received an email a week ago saying they were impressed by my application and passing it to the hiring team for the next round of selection process, but I don't know what this entails or what the process is... fingers crossed anyway!
Reply 4
Original post by Idkbro
Hello, just to let you know I received an email a week ago saying they were impressed by my application and passing it to the hiring team for the next round of selection process, but I don't know what this entails or what the process is... fingers crossed anyway!

I got the same email for one of my applications. The rest are still under consideration. You can check in with them during one of the online application drop ins they host every few weeks. You actually chat with someone working at Arup who can update you on the progress of your application! Only interviews for those shortlisted after the initial online forms.
Reply 5
Congrats on the email! Could you please let me know how to access those drop ins? Im trying to look for them around the website.

And do you mean the next stage are interviews??

Thank you:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Idkbro
Congrats on the email! Could you please let me know how to access those drop ins? Im trying to look for them around the website.

And do you mean the next stage are interviews??

Thank you:smile:

https://meetandengage.com/arup

Technically, not everyone gets invited for an interview. So shortlisting of candidates is the next step.
(edited 4 years ago)
hi, I am just curious but did any of you tried to apply for a summer internship program at any construction firm and they actually recruited you as a first-year student ? I am currently a first-year student studying Civil Engineering, almost all of my application failed because I am a first year student. However, Arup is the only company that actually sent me the email that all of you have received which says that they were impressed and so on. Are they really considering my application or is this just their way of giving me false hope? :smile:
Original post by Idkbro

Hi, congratulations on you!

I want to know is there something new on your process now?
Reply 9
Original post by TingYao233
Hi, congratulations on you!

I want to know is there something new on your process now?

Hi, thanks! Yes, I have an interview tomorrow :smile:
Original post by Idkbro
Hi, thanks! Yes, I have an interview tomorrow :smile:

Oh really?! My best wishes for you!!!
Hi! Any chance anyone's been invited to an interview for the Aviation Advisory summer placement?

I haven't heard anything regarding my application since early Jan so I'm just curious about other timelines :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by curiousmanor
Hi! Any chance anyone's been invited to an interview for the Aviation Advisory summer placement?

I haven't heard anything regarding my application since early Jan so I'm just curious about other timelines :smile:

Not yet! That was one of the internship positions I applied for as well.
Hey! has anybody applied for industrial placements? I got that email saying they were impressed and blabla almost one month ago but I still haven't been invited to an interview. Just wondering if they might have already selected successful candidates.. btw, I'm not even a student, I've worked for more than one year since I got my masters and my professional license as an architect, so I'm afraid they'll tell me I'm not suitable for this position. I just thought it was better to try with an internship since I have no experience in the UK. Does anybody know about graduates admitted to a placement?
Original post by theworld2000
hi, I am just curious but did any of you tried to apply for a summer internship program at any construction firm and they actually recruited you as a first-year student ? I am currently a first-year student studying Civil Engineering, almost all of my application failed because I am a first year student. However, Arup is the only company that actually sent me the email that all of you have received which says that they were impressed and so on. Are they really considering my application or is this just their way of giving me false hope? :smile:

Hello, I'm in my first year and I have received an invite for the assessment center. Considering that are situation look alike, were you selected? Can you please tell what do they do in assessment center and is there a final interview? Thank you.
Original post by Aleeesha
Hello, I'm in my first year and I have received an invite for the assessment center. Considering that are situation look alike, were you selected? Can you please tell what do they do in assessment center and is there a final interview? Thank you.

do you know the salary for the internships

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending