The Student Room Group

Wuhan residents display instantaneous patriotism in show of strength against virus

[video="youtube;t_PSSTP8ROg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_PSSTP8ROg[/video]

This restores my faith in humanity.
Reply 1
It’s great people are being supportive but I understand the authorities warning about spreading the virus in doing this. Perhaps using other methods like social media would work too.
Reply 2
That'll show the bourgeois imperialist virus.
Original post by Em.-.
It’s great people are being supportive but I understand the authorities warning about spreading the virus in doing this. Perhaps using other methods like social media would work too.

Social media is censored.
Interesting to see the doctor whistle-blower was investigated by the police and told to stop spreading false rumours about the existence of the virus and spreading false rumours.

Interesting to see they couldnt decide whether he had died, which was denied then he had died again in the news.

Interesting to see all those who posted support for the doctor and criticism of the government were all censored off social media.

Li Wenliang: Coronavirus death of Wuhan doctor sparks anger
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51409801
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
Interesting to see the doctor whistle-blower was investigated by the police and told to stop spreading false rumours about the existence of the virus and spreading false rumours.

Interesting to see they couldnt decide whether he had died, which was denied then he had died again in the news.

Interesting to see all those who posted support for the doctor and criticism of the government were all censored off social media.

Li Wenliang: Coronavirus death of Wuhan doctor sparks anger
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51409801

Come on, man. It's China under CCP rule, like, what do you expect? CCP doesn't care about the people, they just care about political power and forcing others to view them as legitimate.
Reply 6
Original post by Parties
Come on, man. It's China under CCP rule, like, what do you expect? CCP doesn't care about the people, they just care about political power and forcing others to view them as legitimate.

Try telling that to... Certain... Members of the forum.
Reply 7
meh. words don't mean ****. stop eating wild animals.
(Here, has anyone noticed a certain someone has shut their beak since the WHO started calling out misinformation and conspiracy kooks? It's nice isn't it? :tongue: )
Reply 9
Original post by Drewski
Try telling that to... Certain... Members of the forum.

Nah, they'll say mean words to me and I might just cry.
Original post by Parties

You missed the point, but never mind.
Original post by StriderHort
(Here, has anyone noticed a certain someone has shut their beak since the WHO started calling out misinformation and conspiracy kooks? It's nice isn't it? :tongue: )

I think this is untrue if you look at their posting history. They hardly mention the issue though unless its as a background to proving how racist the west and all Chinas neighbours are. Not long agao they were attacking Malaysia over scandalous lies over nCov, today they were praising Malaysia because they said something about Trump.
I think this is untrue if you look at their posting history. They hardly mention the issue though unless its as a background to proving how racist the west and all Chinas neighbours are. Not long agao they were attacking Malaysia over scandalous lies over nCov, today they were praising Malaysia because they said something about Trump.

Shh, don't take the illusion of peace away from me :tongue:
Shh, don't take the illusion of peace away from me :tongue:

They are dong the anti US thing today.
They do a terrible job of promoting China.
the Chinese experience is modelled by this algorithm:

i)A new virus emerges as people eat Pandas

ii)The virus spreads uncontrolled for a month

iii)A bright health worker notices that an epidemic has started and tells everyone to stop eating Pandas

iv)The bright health worker is arrested for spreading malicious lies to undermine the Party

v)The bright health worker dies from virus contracted during heroic efforts to help infected people

vi)The international community turns on Chinese government

vii)Chinese government ignores international community

viii)GOTO i) but replace Pandas with some other unfortunate creatures
Reply 15
I imagine the virus wouldnt care...
They are dong the anti US thing today.
They do a terrible job of promoting China.

That's fine, a word about Corona and i'll report the fk out of it on WHO orders :tongue:
That's fine, a word about Corona and i'll report the fk out of it on WHO orders :tongue:

The WHO has issued no such orders.
Original post by AngeryPenguin
The WHO has issued no such orders.

Stay Icy, i'll go find some. And should I fail to, I will encourage them.

Quick Reply

Latest