The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Goldiepop
Personally i

Same! I really love how the med school looks but I don’t know how I feel about the city, it seems a bit melancholy. I also got quite a few stares on the way to my interview which I felt a bit uncomfortable about.. I’m not too big a fan of the uni accommodation, I’ve started looking at private options. But hopefully if I stick to the uni it’ll be alright..!

@Lozc3

Hull, Westfield Court residences are new and good. Two minute walk to Medical building. Roll out off bed just in time is an option whatever the weather.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi, I just got an offer (!!) and I'm at the Hull campus for the first 2 years but I live in Hull so I would have preferred York. Is there any way it would be possible to swap (I thought the campus allocation forms were for after you received your offer but I have just realised that the deadline was in January ://)
Hull is a great city. Really diverse. Great sports options.
got my offer yesterday! So excited!

I am thinking about going for private tenancy rather than the (overpriced) university accommodation. Does anyone has suggestions as to where/how find potential flat mates?
Hey guys! I got an offer today, totally unexpected. I'm really chuffed, I loved HYMS when I visited and the staff were super nice. However, I also have an offer from Newcastle and I'm waiting to hear from Sheffield.

Does anyone know what the situation is regarding accommodation in 3rd-5th year? I know they say NHS accommodation is provided for clinical placements however, does this span the whole year? This would definitely sway me to HYMS if it did.

if you have any idea? It would be much appreciated. Thank you 😁
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Silent0239

I am thinking about going for private tenancy rather than the (overpriced) university accommodation. Does anyone has suggestions as to where/how find potential flat mates?

There’s this site called sturents and that can help! But you can also get a 1 bed flat privately for the price of an en-suite at the uni (or less!)
Reply 86
Original post by Silent0239

Decent accommodation outside the university is not really that much less. In Hull.
I recommend 1st year choose even one of the cheaper residences in University. Till you settle in. Make friends. Enjoy being able to roll out of bed straight into lectures.
Reply 87
I got an offer yesterday at 16:42 on track but no email from the actual university, is this normal?
Hi! Got an offer last week super happy as it’s my first choice. I’ve been allocated York campus is anyone else going to the applicant day on March 21st? :smile:
Original post by bm_2001
I got an offer yesterday at 16:42 on track but no email from the actual university, is this normal?

I got an offer on Friday too. Think we'll hear tomorrow :smile:
Original post by Stephanie02
Hi! Got an offer last week super happy as it’s my first choice. I’ve been allocated York campus is anyone else going to the applicant day on March 21st? :smile:

Hey! I’ve been allocated York campus! I’m currently on a gap year but start at York this year😊 I think I’ll be going to the applicant day
Original post by ecoh1234
Hey! I’ve been allocated York campus! I’m currently on a gap year but start at York this year😊 I think I’ll be going to the applicant day

Oh amazing! congrats :smile: i am a mature non grad applicant, see you there!
Reply 92
Got an offer couple weeks ago, Hull campus!

*Gap year / resit
Reply 93
Original post by katiel2_01
I got an offer on Friday too. Think we'll hear tomorrow :smile:

Oh ok thanks, I was a little worried:u:
Offered York campus 😊
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 95
Got Hull campus!! So chuffed! I've never been to Hull or to the UK much [I'm from Ireland], only London and Hollyhead [ofc York for my interview]. How would you describe the vibe of the town?
Reply 96
Hi, I just received a campus allocation of York and I want to switch to Hull. You can still switch campuses if you want, just email admissions and they send you a form that takes literally one minute to fill out. In need of people wanting to switch their campus allocation form Hull to York, so I can switch 😂😂
anyone else going to the hull applicant day march 7th?
Reply 98
Original post by Charp01
Hi, I just received a campus allocation of York and I want to switch to Hull. You can still switch campuses if you want, just email admissions and they send you a form that takes literally one minute to fill out. In need of people wanting to switch their campus allocation form Hull to York, so I can switch 😂😂

I would
Original post by LeapFrog02
anyone else going to the hull applicant day march 7th?

I signed up for the 7th too, mainly to have a look at the accommodation, think I want to go for Westfield but not to sure, is your open day for A101 or A100? Mines the gateway year.