The Student Room Group

What would happen if coronavirus became a pandemic?

“The Department of Health has described the coronavirus as a "serious and imminent threat" to public health.”

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-51442314

More than 40,000 people have died from coronavirus and the effects of it in the UK are said to peak in the next 3-4 months, similar to the situation in Wuhan. If it did become a global threat, what would be the outcome? They say it can be ‘contained’ but there’s no evidence of that and there’s currently no treatment, although a vaccine is being developed and will be publicly available in over a year.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No they havent, thats a lie.
Reply 2
Yeah sorry typo.
What? :lol:
At least read the article you're posting if you're going to say stuff like this.
Reply 4
around 85% of coronavirus cases are mild. Just stay calm and practise good hygiene.
Reply 5
Original post by SaDe7
around 85% of coronavirus cases are mild. Just stay calm and practise good hygiene.

And don't be too young or old or have diabetes
Reply 6
Original post by .N.A.

yes. that.
Reply 7
Original post by .N.A.

Or a healthy medical professional in your 30s*
As long as it doesn't get Greenland or Madagascar we will be fine.
There are plenty of treatments just no cure as is typical for many viruses.
Reply 10
survival of the fittest
bye bye boomers :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by dxnixl
survival of the fittest
bye bye boomers :smile:

omfg u numberjack ily

link me up with the sofa u come out of
Watch the film Contagion, you’ll get the idea.
Original post by RedGiant
Watch the film Contagion, you’ll get the idea.

I've been thinking of that movie since I heard about the coronavirus in a random old fashioned shop. The broadcast sounded right out of a movie
Reply 14
Original post by Em.-.
Or a healthy medical professional in your 30s*

Oh snap
Reply 15
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
There are plenty of treatments just no cure as is typical for many viruses.

I recall a woman over 70 was treated in Thailand using a combination of influenza and HIV drugs. Not sure why that seems to be getting ignored. I heard it causes reactions in some people, but it managed to cure her quite quickly.
Reply 16
Original post by .N.A.
omfg u numberjack ily

link me up with the sofa u come out of

dw, imma fly out that sofa and f**k up spooky spoon, the skanky b**ch.
<3
Original post by MidgetFever
What? :lol:
At least read the article you're posting if you're going to say stuff like this.

Like I clearly said above it was a typo.
Reply 18
Original post by TSR George
“The Department of Health has described the coronavirus as a "serious and imminent threat" to public health.”

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-51442314

More than 40,000 people have died from coronavirus and the effects of it in the UK are said to peak in the next 3-4 months, similar to the situation in Wuhan. If it did become a global threat, what would be the outcome? They say it can be ‘contained’ but there’s no evidence of that and there’s currently no treatment, although a vaccine is being developed and will be publicly available in over a year.

It just became a pandemic...
Original post by .N.A.
It just became a pandemic...

And I bet more people will commit suicides when their businesses bankrupt due to panic and special regulations, than will die from the he disease.

Assuming the stats won't change from the state of the week ago, it is hundreds times more likely to be killed in a car accident than get infected by the Coronavirus (not to mention dying from it, which is also unlikely), and in Eastern Europe it is even thousands times more likely to be killed in in a car accident. Yet, nobody bans pedestrians from crossing the streets or sends drivers for driving technique training.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending