The Student Room Group

Staying in halls for 2nd year university

Is it a good idea? I haven't found anyone to move in with yet (the friends I did have snaked me).
On the one hand, it would be convenient and simple.
On the other hand, I've already taken a year out so I'd be 2 years older then the freshers. And staying in halls as a 2nd year is weird anyway.

Would it be better to find a spare room on gum tree or something?
i went back into halls in the mature bit in final year. would advise against living on campus after 1st
Reply 2
Original post by steamed-hams
i went back into halls in the mature bit in final year. would advise against living on campus after 1st

hmm ok. How come?
Original post by Anonymous
Is it a good idea? I haven't found anyone to move in with yet (the friends I did have snaked me).
On the one hand, it would be convenient and simple.
On the other hand, I've already taken a year out so I'd be 2 years older then the freshers. And staying in halls as a 2nd year is weird anyway.

Would it be better to find a spare room on gum tree or something?

It'll be fine age wise & socially.

I would say I preferred having a house at uni, more room, felt more like your own, better for having mates over etc. but it will be fine. Im sure you can find housemates on FB if you need to.
Reply 4
Original post by mnot
It'll be fine age wise & socially.

I would say I preferred having a house at uni, more room, felt more like your own, better for having mates over etc. but it will be fine. Im sure you can find housemates on FB if you need to.

Ok thanks. I'm still aiming to find a house but I've applied for halls just in case
Original post by Anonymous
hmm ok. How come?

got 18 y/os coming back at 3am drunk and being loud

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending