The Student Room Group

Any questions for me? I’m Italian

Scroll to see replies

North vs South
Do Italians have accents in different parts?
Why did u choose to learn latin when its no longer used?
Original post by Ferrograd
Do you like/support Salvini?

The vote is secret, some of his ideas ideas are great but others omg totally not. Plus, I don’t like his behaviour. Idk
Original post by Anonymous
North vs South

Good question. I’m from the north and I’ve been to the south. People from the south come to the north because here there are so much more possibilities than there. Northern and southern Italians are very different: southern people are more warm hearted but they are ignorant people (not everyone, but most of them), farmers and so on. In the north we may be more snob and cold hearted but we have industries, advanced technology and so on... In the south you have to be very careful as a tourist because there are so much more thieves than in the north but the south is less expensive. I really don’t know what else to say, Italy is beautiful from the north to the south anyways so..
Do Italians have accents in different parts?

Yes of course, from town to town and city to city it changes the accent the dialect, every city and every town has its own dialect
Why did u choose to learn latin when its no longer used?

Because if you are Italian it is still very useful. I was fascinated by the Latin literature like catullo(read the “CARME 5” by catullo). I was saying that it’s still useful because in the old churches we have or in the manuscripts or the scrolls there are a lot of Latin quotes ect... it’s part of my culture. A lot of Italian words derive from Latin and we use those words a lot, so I told myself: why don’t it study it? And there I go. Also in English there are Latin words for example minimum and maximum.
Original post by Sumi Shanks
What is the best time to visit Italy and which is one place we shouldn't miss eating at?

The best time would be around may I think or early June... about the places it depends on where you go.. every city has its own cuisine traditions. try to go to the "osteria" in the city you want to visit... for example, I am from parma and here we have "Osteria dei servi" where they make parmesan food and it tastes soooooooo f*****g good
Opinions about the mafia? Are you one of them?
Opinions about the mafia? Are you one of them?

Of course not. And I’m a little bit offended I mean not every Italian belongs to those criminal associations... it was much more consistent its presence back in the days and especially in the south. Now it still exists and it also has come to the north but if I’m Italian it doesn’t mean that I belong to the mafia..
Anyway, they caused so much trouble...
Original post by Frafiglio
Not only football fans I’m afraid... Look, in Italy there is a really big problem: immigration. I’m for immigration of course but many people are not, so they vote for political parties that want black people to return to their country, from where they escaped because of war. It’s a shame. So, I guess that’s it.

Do those from say Milan have some racial prejudice towards people from Sicily, because Sicilians are darker and mixed with north Africans?
Original post by karelina
Do those from say Milan have some racial prejudice towards people from Sicily, because Sicilians are darker and mixed with north Africans?

Not because of that. Because Milan is the north of Italy and it’s really advanced compared to Sicily, which is much more retrograde. People from there are more welcoming towards African people/immigrants than Milanese people..
Reply 52
Fave Italian band?
Not because of that. Because Milan is the north of Italy and it’s really advanced compared to Sicily, which is much more retrograde. People from there are more welcoming towards African people/immigrants than Milanese people..

Ah right yeah I think I've heard that before, that they are seen as "country bumpkins." They are more welcoming to Africans and other immigrants but aren't they the people who voted for Berlusconi and other right wing politicians/parties?
Original post by gjd800
Fave Italian band?

Ehm.. I don’t know... as a solo singer I can tell you but bands Idk, probably Benji&Fede
Original post by karelina
Ah right yeah I think I've heard that before, that they are seen as "country bumpkins." They are more welcoming to Africans and other immigrants but aren't they the people who voted for Berlusconi and other right wing politicians/parties?

Back in the days almost every Italian voted for Berlusconi but nowadays they mostly vote for the left wing parties
Reply 56
Ehm.. I don’t know... as a solo singer I can tell you but bands Idk, probably Benji&Fede

Solo is ok, too!
Original post by gjd800
Solo is ok, too!

Ultimo is FANTASTIC, Tiziano Ferro AMAZING, but you should also listen to Vasco Rossi’s “Alba Chiara”, or idk, Emma Marrone, Alessandra Amoroso
Reply 58
Ultimo is FANTASTIC, Tiziano Ferro AMAZING, but you should also listen to Vasco Rossi’s “Alba Chiara”, or idk, Emma Marrone, Alessandra Amoroso

Cheers :biggrin:

I've got some Vssco Rossi stuff, as it happens!
Original post by gjd800
Cheers :biggrin:

I've got some Vssco Rossi stuff, as it happens!

What do you have?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending