The Student Room Group

I work 50 hours a week and I'm predicted a 1st class honours, ask me anything.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Do they work 45 hours a week and study mechanics too and still get firsts on top of going out every night?
Biomed is for failed medics, I choose biochem because **** working with the public

They do have part time jobs and it's for both many people put biochem as their 5th choice on ucas. It's all about time management and you ****ting on others degrees shows ur lack of it and your bitterness that's someone's going to get a good degree and not come out broke at the end of it.
& will prob earn more than you in the future x
Why?

The first statement relies on well known public information (statistics)

If it's a jibe at my grammar you should see the horrible writing some judges do
They do have part time jobs and it's for both many people put biochem as their 5th choice on ucas. It's all about time management and you ****ting on others degrees shows ur lack of it and your bitterness that's someone's going to get a good degree and not come out broke at the end of it.
& will prob earn more than you in the future x

Doing event marketing or whatever it is they do I highly doubt it, but go off
What uni you go to. What were you A level grades.
I work alongside nurses in my job and half of the stuff theyre supposed to do we end up doing. Once you get past all the emotional stuff there's nothing too conceptually difficult about being a nurse. As for law, I have no doubt it has its own challenges, but deciding the law on individual cases still doesn't compare to the conceptual difficulty of concepts found in sciences

Of course it isn't.
Again, coming from a person that has no first hand experience on the complexities of law.

I'd be more impressed with your statement had you actually had some knowledge on the subject.
Original post by MidgetFever
:lol:
If law was as easy as this chump is making it out to be, I could have saved myself a lot of unnecessary stress.

Contract law is basically just squiggly lines on a piece of a paper innit?
Of course it isn't.
Again, coming from a person that has no first hand experience on the complexities of law.

I'd be more impressed with your statement had you actually had some knowledge on the subject.

Can you pinpoint me one concept in law that approaches, for example, the concept of crystal field theory then
Original post by tashkent46
Contract law is basically just squiggly lines on a piece of a paper innit?

Guess I better remember my crayons next time :dontknow:
I work alongside nurses in my job and half of the stuff theyre supposed to do we end up doing. Once you get past all the emotional stuff there's nothing too conceptually difficult about being a nurse. As for law, I have no doubt it has its own challenges, but deciding the law on individual cases still doesn't compare to the conceptual difficulty of concepts found in sciences

What is your job exactly?
When you're in hospital and the future and there is no nurses I highly doubt your biochem degree will be better than a nursing degree.
Your job will probably be replaced by robots in the future 😂😂😂😂.
I would love to see you doing an IV or inserting a Catheter and maybe u feel experience enough to put someone on a ventilator in the future.
Your degree has no impact on helping anyone and the pay is **** as well 🤣🤣
Guess I better remember my crayons next time :dontknow:

Why are you taking geography too?
Can you pinpoint me one concept in law that approaches, for example, the concept of crystal field theory then

Of course I can't, and you know that I can't. Which proves absolutely naff all.

They're very different subjects that have very different challenges. It's pretty ignorant to even think that they're directly comparable.

Your question makes no sense.

I (and she I am guessing) do not know crystal field theory - how can we appreciate the complexity of a subject we know nothing about?

Likewise you would not be able to do it either. I could send you a very long case on contract law but you would not know enough about the subject to appreciate its complexity - you wouldn't know for example the difference between express and implied terms in law, vitiating factors, concurrent liability, equitable remedies, fraud and misrepresentation, etc.
(edited 4 years ago)
Why are you taking geography too?

Might as well be, since apparently anything that isn't biochem is 'a piece of piss' :lol:
What is your job exactly?
When you're in hospital and the future and there is no nurses I highly doubt your biochem degree will be better than a nursing degree.
Your job will probably be replaced by robots in the future 😂😂😂😂.
I would love to see you doing an IV or inserting a Catheter and maybe u feel experience enough to put someone on a ventilator in the future.
Your degree has no impact on helping anyone and the pay is **** as well 🤣🤣

You sound like a butthurt nurse, enjoy your ****ty pay because remember a biochemist gets paid more than a band 5 haha.
Your question makes no sense.

I (and she I am guessing) do not know crystal field theory - how can we appreciate the complexity of a subject we know nothing about?

Likewise you would not be able to do it either. I could send you a very long case on contract law but you would not know enough about the subject to appreciate its complexity - you wouldn't know for example the difference between express and implied terms in law, vitiating factors, concurrent liability, equitable remedies, fraud and misrepresentation, etc.

The fact that those with STEM degrees can do a 1 year law conversion course and be on the same level as those with a full law degree under their belt but the same can't happen the other way around says everything tbh
The fact that those with STEM degrees can do a 1 year law conversion course and be on the same level as those with a full law degree under their belt but the same can't happen the other way around says everything tbh

Yes it means nobody cares about STEM enough for conversion courses. They only exist because to practice professionally you need to do professional training and a training contract anyway (assuming you want to be a solicitor).
You sound like a butthurt nurse, enjoy your ****ty pay because remember a biochemist gets paid more than a band 5 haha.

I'm a 3rd year med student and will get paid more than band 5 but just appreciate others jobs instead of being ignorant.
Will probably get paid more than you too 😁
Yes it means nobody cares about STEM enough for conversion courses. They only exist because to practice professionally you need to do professional training and a training contract anyway (assuming you want to be a solicitor).

Nobody cares about STEM, sure, that's why medicine, dentistry and vet courses are the most oversubscribed ones 😂
Such horrible remarks about other degrees.
And you're university students, meant to be intelligent!
I'm a 3rd year med student and will get paid more than band 5 but just appreciate others jobs instead of being ignorant.
Will probably get paid more than you too 😁

Only after your second year :wink: med student touché though

Quick Reply

Latest