The Student Room Group

University of Glasgow 2020 Postgraduate Applications

Hi everyone, I applied on January 7th and my reference was received on January 8th. For people who have received an offer, what was the timeline like for you?
Heya! I applied on the 27th of January and my reference was received on the 3rd of February. Haven't had an offer yet, but it does say on the website they'll try to come back in 2-3 weeks after all the documents have been received
Reply 2
Hi! I sent off my application on 22th and reference was received on 23rd. it's almost 2 weeks, haven't heard anything yet.
Original post by JH-
Hi! I sent off my application on 22th and reference was received on 23rd. it's almost 2 weeks, haven't heard anything yet.

What course did you apply for :smile: ? I just had a look at Glasgow's website and they recommend to contact the admissions after 4 weeks
Reply 4
Original post by Pikkukaveri
What course did you apply for :smile: ? I just had a look at Glasgow's website and they recommend to contact the admissions after 4 weeks

Medical physics, how about you? while I have to say their admission office always reply so slow, I contacted them 3 times because I had some problems with the reference but they didn't respond. I understand they are too busy reviewing the application but waiting is so painful :/
Original post by JH-
Medical physics, how about you? while I have to say their admission office always reply so slow, I contacted them 3 times because I had some problems with the reference but they didn't respond. I understand they are too busy reviewing the application but waiting is so painful :/

I applied for epidemiology of infectious diseases and antimicrobial resistance. Yea, I imagine they're busy this time of the year when most of the people are sending their applications in now. I'm hoping we don't have to wait for months...
Reply 6
Finally got my offer today! No email, just updated on the portal.
Original post by again

Congratulations! I'm still waiting for an offer, it's only been a week since my reference was sent so might still be some time before I hear anything back but I'm anxiously checking the portal every day :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by again

Congratulation!
it seems like they spend a month to process your application which is so long! May I ask which programme you applied?
Reply 9
Original post by JH-
Congratulation!
it seems like they spend a month to process your application which is so long! May I ask which programme you applied?

Thanks! I applied to Psychological Science (conversion), the in-person one.
I got an offer today! It took them 13 days to respond :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Pikkukaveri
I got an offer today! It took them 13 days to respond :smile:

Congratulations! I am still waiting for my decision after waiting 4 weeks, emailed the department about my application and they responded like " you can expect a result by 14th March " just like telling me nothing. I am so disappointed about them, so why they previously sent me an email saying they aim to respond to me in three weeks ...
Original post by again
Hi everyone, I applied on January 7th and my reference was received on January 8th. For people who have received an offer, what was the timeline like for you?

Hey! My reference was received on February 6th and I received an offer on the 14th (At 10.30pm weirdly) so I was lucky to wait only 8 days. If anyone is studying the MSc in Animal Welfare Science, Ethics and Law hit me up!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by JH-
Congratulations! I am still waiting for my decision after waiting 4 weeks, emailed the department about my application and they responded like " you can expect a result by 14th March " just like telling me nothing. I am so disappointed about them, so why they previously sent me an email saying they aim to respond to me in three weeks ...

That's a long wait on Glasgow's scale. Could be because they have a lot of applications for that particular course?

Original post by oliviagc
Hey! My reference was received on February 6th and I received an offer on the 14th (At 10.30pm weirdly) so I was lucky to wait only 8 days. If anyone is studying the MSc in Animal Welfare Science, Ethics and Law hit me up!

Congratulations!!!
American student that applied to the Glasgow's MLitt Modernities: Literature, Culture, and Theory on Feb 4th, but my reference wasn't submitted until February 16th. Offer was made on February 27th (I have four weeks to respond).

Applied to UCL, Edinburgh, Durham, and St Andrews, as well. At this point, only an offer from UCL or Edinburgh would make me reconsider my attendance at Glasgow.

Hope this information is helpful.
Sorry to bring an old thread back to life, but did any of you guys have a problem with the application itself? I'm trying to apply to an MSc in Translation Studies and there doesn't seem to be an option for Mr in personal details. There's Mx, which I'm wondering is maybe what I should put, but that doesn't match my passport, so I'm unsure. I mean, they have Lord, Reverend, Doctor... but no Mr.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending