The Student Room Group

Have your say: Which? University finds a new home with The Student Room

Here's where you can post a comment about our Which? University finds a new home with The Student Room article.

Read the full Which? University finds a new home with The Student Room article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
That's good news. I found the Which? Uni guide very useful when applying for uni, and I didn't realise it was set to close with all the content lost!
Original post by shooks
Here's where you can post a comment about our Which? University finds a new home with The Student Room article.

Read the full Which? University finds a new home with The Student Room article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.

Really good news, the "Which? uni" content will be preserved through theUniguide.

Ive always preferred which over alternatives such as Guardian/CUG, these are probably the best resources for year 12 students to get a feel for a Uni/course combination.

Ive noticed the % of applicants receiving offers metric which was on Which Uni, hasn't been transferred as the other data has, is this feature gone permanently?
Original post by mnot
Really good news, the "Which? uni" content will be preserved through theUniguide.

Ive always preferred which over alternatives such as Guardian/CUG, these are probably the best resources for year 12 students to get a feel for a Uni/course combination.

Ive noticed the % of applicants receiving offers metric which was on Which Uni, hasn't been transferred as the other data has, is this feature gone permanently?

I imagine the licence purchasing that data from UCAS isn't transferable.

The newest data from UCAS should be available if TSRG put in a purchase (it's not cheap though). I hope they do as it helps to dispel a lot of myths around how selective courses are!
Original post by PQ

The newest data from UCAS should be available if TSRG put in a purchase (it's not cheap though). I hope they do as it helps to dispel a lot of myths around how selective courses are!

Good to know,
Hopefully TSRG can continue to share the data if the cost is not too much of a burden.
Reply 5
Original post by shooks

Agree with others that the Offer Rate data is missing and was one of the most useful features previously.

Will it be added?
Original post by CatusStarbright
That's good news. I found the Which? Uni guide very useful when applying for uni, and I didn't realise it was set to close with all the content lost!

Great that you're pleased. Hopefully we can nurture it well.
Original post by mnot

Original post by PQ

Original post by mnot
Good to know,
Hopefully TSRG can continue to share the data if the cost is not too much of a burden.

Original post by Doones
Agree with others that the Offer Rate data is missing and was one of the most useful features previously.

Will it be added?

We'll have to have a look at this - thanks for flagging it up.
@PQ @mnot @Doones

As PQ intimates, this data comes at a high cost ..:eek:.. a bit too much at the moment. It's definitely something we'll review regularly and come back to once The Uni Guide is settled and,hopefully, thriving.
Reply 8
Original post by The Learn Ranger
@PQ @mnot @Doones

As PQ intimates, this data comes at a high cost ..:eek:.. a bit too much at the moment. It's definitely something we'll review regularly and come back to once The Uni Guide is settled and,hopefully, thriving.

Thanks for the update.

Would a previous year be cheaper? I don't imagine it changes much each year...
Original post by Doones
Thanks for the update.

Yes, good idea. A bit like buying the 9th rather than 10th edition of a book which, to all intents and purposes, remains the same apart from a few more pretty illustrations and an updated reference list.
Reply 10
Original post by Reality Check
Yes, good idea. A bit like buying the 9th rather than 10th edition of a book which, to all intents and purposes, remains the same apart from a few more pretty illustrations and an updated reference list.

New phone. Who dis?
Original post by Doones
New phone. Who dis?

RC.
Reply 12
Original post by Reality Check
RC.

:hugs:
Original post by Doones
Thanks for the update.

Nice idea - will check

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending